Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 1:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus
RE: Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus
(January 23, 2019 at 6:13 pm)Acrobat Wrote:
(January 23, 2019 at 4:42 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Its not as if I haven't already commented on that, directly?  You literally just quoted me commenting on it..and then asked the question?

I indicated that nearly all historians and NT scholars are confident that Jesus existed.
-omitting that none of them can agree on which jesus it was, and that they commonly think that the other jesi are legendary and mythical..which is also true of "paul" in "the scholarly consensus"..which has itself come under intense scrutiny for religious bias and methodological failure. Not exactly tiny little issues, lol.

If you're going to hinge your entire argument on "the consensus of scholars", it's best not to leave out pertinent details..but I can upend this entire line of reasoning by asking what evidence they believe the various historical jesi they believe in are..in fact, historical.  The answer..to a man, will be "we have stories in magic book".  This was your answer as well..conveniently enough for me. When any of them (or you) are ready to offer the same argument in favor of a historical hercules, then you just let me know. Meanwhile, there's the companion claim that this conclusion is exactly like other conclusions of historicity, but that's blatantly false..it gets debunked every time it;s brought up, but that doesn;t stop people from imagining it to be true...particularly christian people, lol.

Quote:You accused me of making this up(imaginary) and previously implied that this isn’t true.
Because you are, though..again..I think you do it unintentionally, you don't know what the consensus of scholars is, you just read in wiki that it's definitely something like the thing you think might pass for a solid argument.

Quote:I quoted you Wikipedia, confirming this as well.

You have yet to correct yourself, or even claim that  the Wikipedia entry is false.
Why would I need to?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus - by The Grand Nudger - January 23, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 11035 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6691 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1087 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 53091 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 17295 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son Tomatoshadow2 60 4354 January 24, 2021 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 25546 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet
  Arguments against existence of God. Mystic 336 80911 December 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  If the existence of an enduring soul was proven... Gawdzilla Sama 45 4814 November 26, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Proof of God Existence faramirofgondor 39 8392 April 20, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape