Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 1:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NY TIMES Publishes CIA Propaganda On Venezuela
RE: NY TIMES Publishes CIA Propaganda On Venezuela
(April 8, 2019 at 9:35 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(April 8, 2019 at 8:22 am)Cepheus Ace Wrote: https://fair.org/take-action/media-advis...the-media/

OK. So, you're telling me that there are organizations that keep tabs on what "mainstream media" reports? Interesting. Now, could you point me to similar resources, that list the lies, errors and spin on YouTube and Facebook blogs? Well, then I guess mainstream media IS different, after all.

When some bullsh*t is shown on mainstream media, everyone potentially can see it, record it and react to it. Fake news on social media is specifically targeted at people, who are most likely to accept it as truth, while people of opposing political views don't see it and don't even know of its existence, unless they actively seek it. And why would they look for information, that contradicts their views, if their favorite youtuber already tells them everything they need to know?

Anyway, that's a long laundry list, that you linked to, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to prove. It mentions a lot of mainstream articles criticizing the war, as well as plenty of political pundits, like Bill O'Reily, repeating information received from officials, speculating and putting spin on things - not actually lying. Most actual misinformation comes from the authorities and the information - from what I skimmed - is usually reported as such. And - as I mentioned - we all know, that media - especially american - went ape-sh*t after 911, because the whole country went ape-sh*t and the whole world saw it. On mainstream media...

There's no denying, that there are plenty of bad journalists out there, just like there are bad doctors, bad cops, and bad bankers. That doesn't mean we should switch to alternatives, because blogging, quackery, vigilantism and keeping your money in the mattress are not going to solve the problems we're having.

these fake news facebook pages, youtube channels, blogs etc are popular because of the failings of mainstream media.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NY TIMES Publishes CIA Propaganda On Venezuela - by Cepheus Ace - April 8, 2019 at 10:00 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MA publishes database of law enforcement disciplinary actions Nanny 0 447 August 22, 2023 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Can Anyone Make Any Sense of These Trump Propaganda Brochures? Prof.Lunaphiles 2 375 April 21, 2020 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Donald Trump Wants To Invade Venezuela...Media Continues to Fixate on Tweets ReptilianPeon 15 3207 July 7, 2018 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Joods
  Times Square attack ?? vorlon13 25 5328 May 20, 2017 at 4:29 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  WikiLeaks/CIA brewer 33 3576 March 9, 2017 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Russian Propaganda Saps, Impurifies Our Precious C-Span The Grand Nudger 2 536 January 13, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Wikileaks publishes Podesta emails account_inactive 63 6565 November 6, 2016 at 1:21 am
  Man stabs his girlfriend 100 times RobertE 52 7059 September 23, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: RobertE
  Ex-CIA Director Who Endorsed Clinton Calls for Killing Iranians and Russians in Syria account_inactive 15 3326 August 18, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Venezuela KUSA 31 3543 May 27, 2016 at 12:40 pm