Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 10:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Serious] Why I consider Atheists the Dumbest of the Dumb
#57
RE: Why I consider Atheists the Dumbest of the Dumb
For some people it's not about knowing if a god exists or not.
People have beliefs. Some people believe that a god exists.
Some people believe the Earth is flat and some children believe that Santa Claus exists.

From my perspective, I would call something that we believe with such a high degree of certainty, that is backed by evidence, would be called knowledge.

We can also have casual beliefs that may or may not be true.
"I believe it's going to rain today."
"I believe I'm going to win the lottery."

I don't know if either of these are true, but I can still hold the belief that they are.

On the question, "Do you believe a god exists ?"
This is a yes or no question.
It is a question about belief, not about knowledge.

If you answer "Yes" you are a theist.
Answer "No", you are an atheist.

As a person who knows what beliefs you have and don't have. You know if you have this belief or not.
There is no uncertainty.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I consider Atheists the Dumbest of the Dumb - by Rahn127 - May 11, 2020 at 11:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are atheists hostile to a belief in a Creator? Drew_2013 28 11424 April 14, 2025 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why cant atheists make moving music? KommandoKalle 19 6094 December 18, 2024 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Are Atheists Afraid to Join Atheists? Asmodeus 10 4335 October 26, 2024 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Asmodeus
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 32550 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 10029 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 4715 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Can you consider Atheism an ethnicity UniverseCaptain 31 9151 September 27, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: UniverseCaptain
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 6624 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 5417 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 39326 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)