Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 3:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Theists, why that religion?
#6
RE: Theists, why that religion?
(November 14, 2011 at 5:17 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: I would like your reasoning on why your religion/denomination is correct, but this has a twist.

EDIT:
I was born into Muslim parents. However, this doesn't necessarily mean that this is the reason why I believe in Islam. I'm old enough to think for myself and make my own decisions on matters of faith regardless of the culture and religion of my parents. At one point, around the time of high school, I even became an atheist for a short time. I didn't believe in God and I didn't believe in any religions at all. I thought Islam was just like any other religion. But then, 2 or 3 years later, I taught myself more about Islam and the history of the Quran and then my lost faith was naturally coming back to me. My parents weren't involved in my learning of Islam because I did this mostly by myself (on my leisure time).

Going back to the original sources and time period in history when Islam was revealed, I learned that it presents a very simple concept: That there is one God who is the source of all creation and he has created mankind as his representative on earth for the purpose of growing through learning and experience into righteous individuals, and to assist mankind is achieving this goal, there are the five pillars of Islam. I feel that these are the principles which match with my metaphysical worldview the best (hence my reason for believing in Islam). That's my whole story to make it short.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Theists, why that religion? - by 5thHorseman - November 14, 2011 at 5:17 pm
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by frankiej - November 14, 2011 at 5:29 pm
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by Minimalist - November 14, 2011 at 5:47 pm
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by fr0d0 - November 14, 2011 at 6:23 pm
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by KichigaiNeko - November 14, 2011 at 10:49 pm
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by fr0d0 - November 15, 2011 at 3:35 am
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by KichigaiNeko - November 15, 2011 at 4:55 am
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by Erinome - November 14, 2011 at 7:47 pm
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by Rayaan - November 14, 2011 at 7:51 pm
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by Minimalist - November 14, 2011 at 8:01 pm
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by Justtristo - November 15, 2011 at 1:58 am
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by thesummerqueen - November 14, 2011 at 8:18 pm
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by Minimalist - November 15, 2011 at 1:59 am
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by fr0d0 - November 15, 2011 at 8:12 am
RE: Theists, why that religion? - by KichigaiNeko - November 15, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists, provide your arguments for God. Disagreeable 41 11433 August 9, 2024 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 33137 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists: What is your stance on evolution? Agnostic1 118 32193 March 27, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 41473 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: awty
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 10913 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: awty
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 62378 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: awty
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 4054 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: awty
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 94616 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
Last Post: awty
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 42213 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: awty
  Active theists represent Kitan Etos 10 2593 October 10, 2020 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Fireball



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)