Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 3:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can Christians not admit Christianity is all a pile of garbage when ...?
RE: How can Christians not admit Christianity is all a pile of garbage when ...?
Quote "Ok sorry I missed this one that was addressed to me it's hard to see when many conversations are going on at once. Anyways you say every Bit of evidence in every field is evidence of an old earth. Since this is an absolute statement it's easy to prove wrong. The theory of gravity does not support an old earth therefore the statement you made is false. I know you will say this is not what you meant but that should teach you to be careful with absolutes. As for what you ask me for (evidence for a young earth), I can give an example. I'm sure you know all about carbon dating and all that and how carbon 14 is made in the atmosphere. It is estimated by most scientists that it would take about 50,000 years to reach equilibrium to the point where the amount of carbon 14 produced and the amount decaying are equal and the amount of existing carbon 14 remains constant. The problem however is that we have not reached equalibrium yet. The amound of carbon 14 is increasing. This fact not only proves a young earth, but it it could explain how measurements of objects thousands of years old could be inaccurate. I have presented my evidence and I also expect you to do the same rather than saying "it's everywhere."

Assuming what you say about carbon-14 is correct (which believe me it isn't), how can you cite one example as proof of your claims while ignoring the dozens of other examples which show you to be the ignorant fool you really are?

It has been long established that the Earth is billions of years old and the universe even older, the fact you actually believe in a literal interpretation of the bible and the young earth theory just shows what an ignorant, uneducated and closed minded individual you are. I have the utmost pity for you.
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can Christians not admit Christianity is all a pile of garbage when ...? - by MrSkeptic - February 22, 2012 at 1:12 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 3510 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3996 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9514 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 14165 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 4860 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Is Christianity unique or not? Graufreud 88 9854 July 28, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A quarter of British Christians do not believe in the resurection downbeatplumb 35 7572 April 14, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 13414 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Why do Christians believe in the Resurrection of Jesus but not alien abductions? Jehanne 72 13114 June 27, 2016 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 35672 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy