Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 2:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Differentiating a religious experience/including hallucinations from a psyc disorder
RE: Differentiating a religious experience/including hallucinations from a psyc disorder
(March 20, 2012 at 6:55 pm)Hunter9035 Wrote: When one of your senior members referred me here he said most of you were pretty intelligent. I've been greatly disappointed thus far. Wow

And, uh...Where exactly are YOUR displays of intelligence thus far? I sure as hell haven't seen it. People have been calmly asking for evidence for five pages now and your only replies are vague references to things you provide no citations or sources to. That or you just point people in the general direction of a biblical entry or two.

I'mma give you a real protip here: The bible is not evidence. It was written like half a century after Christ supposedly died by guys in their 80s; NOT WHAT I'D CALL A RELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION. Not to mention the original writings were lost and then pieced together like 200 years later, so it's actually second-hand recollections of writings of men who were in all likelihood extremely senile [given the lack of dietary nutrition in those times and lack of general health]. Not to mention the uncomfortable [for christians] gaps in historical writings, the lack of the supposed tomb or any site of religious significance having any kind of archeological evidence, and the complete and total lack of any account of Jesus Christ's life. He disappears for like 20 years or so and then pops back up and NOBODY knows where he was or what he was doing other than some extremely vague details. We know all the details on the life of King Tut and yet we don't know shit about the guy supposedly the son of god?

So, with this information in mind; cease quoting biblical scripture when pressed for evidence, and provide actual, empirical evidence; witnesses with corroborating accounts would count...as in, those four people who all 'shared' the hallucination and got random scratch marks? I would like to have them separated from each other with no contact with one another for two days, then interviewed separately in two hour intervals, to see how much of their stories actually corroborate with one another. I would also like a comparison of the scratch marks to each person's nails to determine whether or not someone present was scratching.

My guess is you're not going to provide this evidence. Essentially, you're basically bringing a load of assorted fecal matter to the table when you promised food, and wondering why nobody's digging in; you inquire why, and we want to know why you're placing shit on the table, and asking you where the actual food is. You reply to tell us WHAT the shit is, and where it CAME from, but not the REAL answers we want; we wanna know WHY you've put shit on the table...and where is the food?? You basically have then replied "You're stupid for not wanting to eat this shit." No, honey, we're not. You're stupid for bringing shit to dinner and thinking we'd all eat it up without questioning it. A LOT.

Now, kindly bring us some food [evidence] or just...go away. You keep wanting to be banned, which shows you're just trying to be a martyr so you can go to your Christian Apologists website or something and go "SEE? THEY BAN ANYONE WHO IS NOT OF THE BOOK! PRAISE BE TO JESUS I WENT INTO THE DEN OF LIONS AND SURVIVED!" If this just another attempt to be banned, for that very likely reason, well...it's pretty sad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Differentiating a religious experience/including hallucinations from a psyc disorder - by Creed of Heresy - March 21, 2012 at 9:12 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrating Atheist Experience zwanzig 5 1336 July 18, 2021 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Question How do you prove to everybody including yourself you're an atheist? Walter99 48 5818 March 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others Alexmahone 12 2807 December 6, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Experience of Atheists on Christian Forums Rhondazvous 29 6991 March 11, 2017 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Did anyone listen to atheist experience this week? Won2blv 12 4200 November 25, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Religious bumper stickers and other annoying religious actions. (rant, sorta) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 53 13009 May 25, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Atheists: have you ever had a religious experience and what did you make of it? tantric 110 18464 January 22, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Two consenting adults, including relatives? Chad32 99 19284 December 8, 2013 at 5:09 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Handling the argument from personal experience max-greece 14 4147 November 16, 2013 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  The thrill of experience Creed of Heresy 11 2999 February 17, 2013 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy