Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 9:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Did the Trinity Teaching Come From?
RE: Where Did the Trinity Teaching Come From?
(May 24, 2012 at 3:11 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Thus for that brief time in history our Lord expressed himself through two natures: both visible (the image) and invisible (YHVH). In his flesh he shared an outward humanity, prone to pain, suffering, and despair, but inwardly he was divine which gave him the power to overcome. Those conflicting natures were resolved when he died on the cross. Glorification refers to the process whereby our Lord sheds his humanity and becomes fully divine. Thus it was the humanity that prayed, not a separate divine person, as he called on the love inside himself to triumph. This interpretation is further supported by the passage I quoted earlier:
ALTER2EGO -to- CHAD WOOTERS:
What am about to say to you is not meant disrespectfully. But I must be frank.

You are a perfect example of what happens when people are so desperate to hold onto false religious teachings that they are willing to revert to intellectual dishonesty, defy all logic, and present nonsensical philosophies. Nothing you've said in that entire monologue can be found anywhere in the Judeo-Christian Bible.

The idea that God died and resurrected himself is one of the idiocies I've heard from Trinitarians I've debated at several other websites. I usually try to reason with them for a little while, but I know from experience that it's a lost cause. Anyone willing to sacrifice their intellect to believe something as crazy and as impossible to explain as the Trinity is in a self-imposed intellectual prison.

And then some wonder why people don't want anything to do with organized religion. I stopped attending church for years after I got tired of hearing the type of things you are spouting here. And I was a mere child—a teenager—when I walked away from organized religion because of the nonsensical doctrines that were insulting my intelligence. I stayed on the outside for years until I was contacted by Jehovah's Witnesses who, thankfully, don't believe in the Trinity or hellfire, They showed me from the Bible that those teachings are in conflict with the scriptures. If it hadn't been for them, I don't know that I would have ever again returned to organized religion.

This will be my last exchange with you on this topic. It's clear that you have a love affair with the Trinity and you're not willing to be corrected by the scriptures. So I'm moving on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where Did the Trinity Teaching Come From? - by Phil - May 24, 2012 at 10:20 am
RE: Where Did the Trinity Teaching Come From? - by Alter2Ego - May 24, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1429 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] The Trinity zwanzig 127 8049 January 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Refuting trinity. Mystic 35 5520 April 8, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians GrandizerII 169 18773 February 9, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2765 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Trinity and Mary vorlon13 52 14707 May 30, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2544 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  10 apologist mistakes about trinity Mystic 21 4209 April 2, 2016 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: athrock
  Theists teaching children Foxaèr 20 2466 March 14, 2016 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 768253 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie