Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 23, 2024, 2:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven?
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven?
(June 21, 2012 at 1:37 am)Ace Otana Wrote: So I take it you cannot back up your claim that a god exists then?

Noope, as 'proof' outside of God's will to provide it would be proof of the non existence of God, seeking 'proof' outside of what God offers simply does not follow.

Quote:That's all you had to say, Drich.
I have been saying this since my first day here. where have you been?

Quote:Remember, you like other theists presented the claim to me and so I ask for some evidence from you (the claimer). I don't believe a god exists because I've seen no evidence to suggest that he does. No point asking a being for which I don't believe exists for evidence that'll never arrive.
It's not down to me to prove or disprove anything.
Nor is it up to an honest and knowledgeable Theist. As these Are God's promises and not our own. All we can hope to do is point you to the directions we have been given to seek proof/God.

Quote:I could do as you say and seek this god of yours but I'll find nothing.
Or you can Find what God has promised, and then where would you be? If you remained in your current system of belief then you would directly be denying God. (as if plausible deniablity is an option.) If you accept His invitation then you will have to leave your comfort zone. from your current perspective you lose in every way unless you simply scoff and demand what you know God will not Grant from your current position. As if this would be an acceptable excuse.

Quote:Also if I said I believed I'll be lying to both you and myself.
You don't have to believe to have the tiniest bit of faith God has asked for. (Faith of a mustard seed To follow his instruction.) True belief is always predicated on some type of proof. Or do you really believe the atheist propaganda that their really is no proof of God? There is proof just not on demand proof. God tailors a response for you specifically. He gives you what you need in the quantity needed to get you started. and if you are faithful to what you have been given he will give you a little more, and it continues till all doubt is gone.

Quote: I have by the way looked into it numerous times in the past, but each time came to the same conclusion that it's nothing more than a crazy belief from misguided religious men. I've finished examining the god claim and have rejected it.
The ball is in your court, it's your move.
Your effort is not consistent with what has been commanded of you. If you have failed it is because you have not followed the instruction that have been given.

Looking for signs or demanding events or occurrences to happen is not 'looking into' anything. Give an honest effort and you will get an honest result. Also know you are not playing verbal tennis with God. It's more like racket ball, in that no matter how hard you hit the ball or where, it always comes back to you. For I have found what I needed, do you want to find what you need?

(June 21, 2012 at 2:02 am)cato123 Wrote: 'As he commanded'?. This is rich. Does it ever bother you that a majority of people that have ever lived, or ever will, have not the slightest idea of your god's 'guidelines' simply because of the geographical accident of their birth?

So?

(June 21, 2012 at 4:01 am)Darwinian Wrote: Why would the creator of all reality hide himself from those of his creation that see no evidence of his existence? That makes no sense. Or maybe I would say that because I haven't been exposed to the truth Dodgy
Because Where would true choice be IF there was undeniable proof of God? As it is now your doubt allows you to live a life that allows your heart to make a choice about where you want to spend eternity, Apart from trying to make it influenced by the Glory of God. If God did not hide Himself from unbelievers, then all unbelievers (even those who hate God) would be forced to declare allegiance to Him simply as an act of self preservation. If this were to happen then what would the point of this life be?

Quote:So, there is no way to prove to a septic that God exists unless you actually reach out and ask that being, who you don't think exists, personally.
Yes

Quote:Can you see why so many people have trouble with this?
Can you see the problem with having undeniable proof?

As it is those who Love God will find Him those who do not are able to find a reason not to find Him. This is the basic essence of 'Free will.'

Messages In This Thread
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Drich - June 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Drich - June 18, 2012 at 11:19 pm
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Drich - June 19, 2012 at 11:23 pm
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Drich - June 20, 2012 at 11:25 pm
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Drich - June 21, 2012 at 9:47 am
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Drich - June 21, 2012 at 10:21 am
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Drich - June 21, 2012 at 11:02 am
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Drich - June 21, 2012 at 12:11 am
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Thor - June 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm
RE: No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? - by Annik - June 18, 2012 at 12:59 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I literally cannot avoid sinning; so, why... zwanzig 70 4352 July 23, 2023 at 7:43 am
Last Post: no one
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 6075 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  We all need to get more exorcise. Gawdzilla Sama 6 902 March 12, 2017 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Is it possible to avoid masterbation or nocturnal emission if you aren't married ? The Wise Joker 63 9979 January 31, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 70313 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  How to avoid confusion in your Christian belief. Pyrrho 14 3673 May 25, 2015 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Avoid Halloween! Christian 50 9518 November 5, 2014 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Violet
  Calling all Christians: These bears need Jesus Mudhammam 11 3517 June 21, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: hobie
  How do you avoid being held responsible for rape: Jesus! TaraJo 20 5807 December 24, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Shocked What stops you from sinning in heaven? Tea Earl Grey Hot 84 42216 May 23, 2012 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic