Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 5:05 pm

Poll: So how many sins have YOU committed?
This poll is closed.
0: I'm a good little Christian or Jew, or so I'm going to pretend.
3.70%
1 3.70%
1-5: Not a very exciting life I lead but, hey, nobody's perfect.
0%
0 0%
6-12: Yeah I sin, so what?
3.70%
1 3.70%
13-20: Death, death, devil devil devil evil evil evil songs, hell you know it's how I get along!
14.81%
4 14.81%
21-30: I'm going to hell in a handbasket.
22.22%
6 22.22%
31-40: I'm going to hell in a tank so I can take it over.
25.93%
7 25.93%
41-50: Seriously, fuck Leviticus.
14.81%
4 14.81%
51-60: I openly desecrate this book just to spite the idiots who believe in it.
0%
0 0%
61-75: I use this book as toilet paper.
11.11%
3 11.11%
76: I literally just committed every sin because I found out they were sins. I mock the idea of god THAT much.
3.70%
1 3.70%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Homosexuality is a sin? Well, Xtians, what about these other 76 things?
RE: Homosexuality is a sin? Well, Xtians, what about these other 76 things?
Why would I ask you to have faith in what I say? I'm not religious.

So, no, there is no faith needed to believe what I've claimed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus

Namely...

Quote:The Exodus (from Greek ἔξοδος, exodos, "going out") is the story of the enslavement of the Israelites in Egypt following the death of Joseph, their departure under the leadership of Moses, the revelations at Sinai, and their wanderings in the wilderness up to the borders of Canaan. Significant portions of the story told in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy may not have been intended to be historiographic, but the overall intent was historical according to the understanding of the ancient writers: to demonstrate God's actions in history, to recall Israel's bondage and salvation, and to demonstrate the fulfillment of Israel's covenant. No archeological evidence exists which can be directly related to Exodus, and most archaeologists have abandoned the investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit". The consensus among biblical scholars today that the story is best seen as theology, a story illustrating how the God of Israel acted to save and strengthen his chosen people, and not as history.

And...

Quote:The consensus among biblical scholars today is that there was never any exodus of the proportions described in the Bible,[14] and that the story is best seen as theology, a story illustrating how the God of Israel acted to save and strengthen his chosen people, and not as history.[5] Nevertheless, the discussion of the historical reality of the exodus has a long history, and continues to attract attention.

So...it's meant to be a story about how god acted to save and strengthen his chosen people...but it didn't actually happen. So, god never acted then, and the entire thing is a story. So...why, then, do any of the covenants have any weight, if the story meant to give the most weight in fact never happened? Meaning the covenants in general [and allusions to sin or righteousness] are essentially based in nothingness.

And do you seriously want me to tell you why Genesis by all means of reality could not happen in either literal form or non-literal form? And why therefore the claim that god made anything is ALSO unfounded and unassertive??

I must ask you, in turn, why you give weight to something that never seems to base itself in reality, that time and again keeps coming up short in terms of evidence for its claims? If you're so unwilling to take what I say on faith [even when there are facts out there to show what I was saying was actually a matter of simple fact], then why are you so willing to take what a bunch of heebs who could barely communicate properly on faith? Do you merely live by Pascal's Wager? "Might as well believe it because someone claimed it and this is some seemingly-heavy shit, because something is better than nothing, even if that something ultimately itself turns out to be nothing?" See, you're going to end up with me having to answer even more questions as you answer...and eventually you're going to run out of answers. Or the questions are gonna start imploding your argument in on itself. Ockam's razor never fails. I can answer your questions myself in a context where I am putting myself in the shoes of a believer and seeing it through their logic [because I once stood in those very same shoes and can remember quite clearly what my logic was], and eventually you're going to end up with questions you can't answer, which is funny...because the bible is supposed to provide all the necessary answers for matters of faith and god, right? The only things that supposedly matter? But if all you end up with is questions whose answers will eventually terminate in circular logic [which is invalid logic]...is it really answering anything?

See, the real problem I have with homosexuality being claimed as a sin is the fact that sin itself seems to have no basis in anything whatsoever. It's a slur, a judgment; "I judge you to be doing wrong because I have a book that says it is." Well, you and John V and others have claimed that if you do one sin you do them all, and as I've pointed out, chances are, EVERYONE has committed a sin...and if gay christians are ALSO exempt from sin, that means the "sin" of their marriage or sexual practices is ALSO forgiven...thus, why does the slur "sin" need to be pasted to them, if EVERY RELIGIOUS PERSON IS A SINNER?

Hey, blame yourself for this post; you're the one who wanted a question. 8P

Messages In This Thread
RE: Homosexuality is a sin? Well, Xtians, what about these other 76 things? - by Creed of Heresy - May 21, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 3559 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Other burning bush Fake Messiah 12 1959 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  the nature of sin Drich 137 22224 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 3283 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 6995 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Xtians Will Hate This. Minimalist 34 3643 December 3, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Tell Me Again How Your Bullshit Is Spreading in Africa, Xtians! Minimalist 9 1649 July 21, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Josephus and other contemporaries on Jesus JairCrawford 271 38774 July 14, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Bible condemns homosexuality. Jehanne 190 32377 May 2, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2621 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris