Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 2:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists and Agnostics risk infinite loss for no gain
RE: Atheists and Agnostics risk infinite loss for no gain
(October 1, 2013 at 9:29 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: SavedByGraceThruFaith, what makes you think I want to worship a god which would threaten me with eternal torture? I suppose you think this god of yours is also a "god of love," don't you? What you don't realize is that saying "love God or face eternal hell" is like an abuser holding a gun to a woman's head and saying, "Marry me or I'll kill you." Either way you don't go into that relationship willingly and with honest love and devotion. It's all about fear. So why would I want to worship a being I have to be afraid of?

This, aside from the fact that it doesn't prove a god's existence, is why Pascal's Wager fails. Because even if it were valid, you're still worshiping a monster.

Il back up @DoubtingThomas and add the fact that if God is as he is protrayed in the Bible. How do you know eternity in heaven is a better alternative. Simply put you become a literal 'Slave' so in heaven there will be no - Friends / Family / Happy Clubs / Hang Outs just worship God day and night for eternity.

And considering what happened to Satan how do you know that if you step of out line once that God wont cast you to eternity in hell?

See Understand that God as portrayed in the bible doesn't really make up his mind and is quite clueless in many parts. The fact God regretted his own creation in Genesis is proof that God obviously cannot know the future otherwise why would he regret it?
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheists and Agnostics risk infinite loss for no gain - by themonkeyman - October 1, 2013 at 9:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3486 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My case against Creationism and Infinite regression ErGingerbreadMandude 60 10351 April 26, 2016 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Churchie Fuckwits Preparing For The Loss Minimalist 31 5521 September 8, 2014 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Atheists and Agnostics have God Phatt Matt s 43 6407 April 6, 2014 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Question for Deists and Agnostics themonkeyman 14 2855 November 19, 2013 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  How big a risk are we atheists taking by not capitulating to Christian hegemony? Whateverist 26 8085 September 2, 2012 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  How does Christianity gain ADULT converts? Marnie 25 9960 July 20, 2012 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Why do christians needlessly risk their immortal souls? GhostofZeus 6 3348 June 18, 2012 at 2:20 am
Last Post: Godscreated