Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 3:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
I wasn't really specific before, but I think I can summarize some of my problems with feminism as usually presented, and even here in this thread many times:

It's WAY too simplistic. Many feminist arguments are pretty nonsensical, question-begging and arrogant (in some sense). For example, most here would probably say that women were oppressed by men throughout history... and that's it. I mean seriously, the way that is defended (if at all) really comes down to 'Men were favored... because penis', and will say things like "Women couldn't vote, own land and such... oppression!" Well, okay. Women didn't have to fight in wars, couldn't be drafted and weren't legally responsible for their own well-being in the way men were, and men were even responsible for the well-being of women, even legally.

For example, even after women gained the right to vote (good in my booksl I hope I needn't have to say) and were getting jobs outside the home, men were, for example, responsible for paying taxes on their income. So if a women chose not to pay said taxes, then their husband would be legally penalized for tax evasion.

But, I think I'm rambling a bit. Really, I can condense my problem with feminism, as such, as wanting women to have the rights granted to them without the duties that come along with those (draft eligible, responsible for own well-being, legally responsible, etc.) This is really kicking Afganistan in the nuts right now. The women's rights issues there are largely an example of where female priviledge sadly backfired against women, the same in China (maybe to a lesser extent nowadays).
And I don't mean that women or feminists necessarily intend to argue like that, but unfortunately they do so rather often.

*Waits to be called a misogynistic pig*
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist - by MindForgedManacle - December 11, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6900 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 2176 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2539 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2642 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3200 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4916 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 2104 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2826 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
  Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? erealmz 45 9524 November 19, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 97994 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos