Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 7:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
(December 12, 2013 at 1:43 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: I'll say it now, calling people names isn't going to get us anywhere, and there geniune mysgenists in these groups no doubt. However many of these group such as cafe are not calling any body feminazis and if you want examples of women groups fighting for superiority, just look at the court system here in Canada.

True, a lot of mens groups have genuine misogynists. There are also a lot of people who are called misogynists, not for being hostile towards women, but for being hostile towards feminism and I think we should understand those are two, distinctly different things. In fact, I know of at least a couple of MRAs who are very hostile towards feminism itself and are also women and don't seem to be self hating. So, if you throw around a word as freely as I often see the word misogynist thrown around, eventually, people are going to question your use of that word. This is especially true if you claim it means something other than what it's widely understood to mean and I've seen that done a lot, too (for example, I have a friend told she was a misogynist because she uses the wrong kind of pesticide for her plants. No joke).

As for advantages overall, I'll be the first to admit, men are generally the political leaders and corporate leaders and just generally in the most positions of power and influence. But if you take a divorced father who's had to deal with the family courts for custody and/or child support, and ask him about his experiences with sexism, you may get a vastly different view of things. If we're going to address the areas where women are at a disadvantage because of plain ol' sexism but routinely dismiss (or accuse of derailing) when people try to talk about areas where men are at a disadvantage because of sexism, the end result isn't going to be the equality many feminists tell me they want; the end result will be closer to a matriarchy. I don't want that, either.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist - by TaraJo - December 12, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6626 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 2091 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2431 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2560 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3145 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4861 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 2071 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2803 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
  Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? erealmz 45 9398 November 19, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 95759 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos