Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 8:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why don't we know the date Jesus rose up from the dead?
RE: Why don't we know the date Jesus rose up from the dead?
(April 23, 2010 at 2:25 am)padraic Wrote:
(April 22, 2010 at 4:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yes because fucking jesus may love you but they hate your ass.

Of course they do,because they're ignorant, stupid and fearful.

Far less personally stressful (and more insulting) to simply be indifferent. EG I have actually said to such people "I honestly could not not care less if you were to be run over by a passing tank,or spontaneously ignite in the middle of the local mall".

OK,I lie: I AM a little squeamish ,so would prefer such happy accidents not occur in my presence.

And no,I am not joking.

Whenever a busload of religious asswipes goes into a ravine I always take it as a sign that prayer is fucking worthless.

But then, I know that I'm a prick!
(April 23, 2010 at 9:29 am)Thor Wrote:
(April 23, 2010 at 2:52 am)theVOID Wrote: Smile You fucking rule Min, The entire story is a fabrication.

Of course it's a fabrication! Have you ever compared the story of "Jesus" with the story of the ancient Persian deity Mithra? They are eerily similar. http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen048.html

They were both born on December 25.

They both had 12 companions.

The both performed miracles.

They were both buried in a tomb and rose again after three days.

But this is all just a coincidence, right?Rolleyes

Uh-huh.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/Mithraism.html

Quote:Eclipsed as it was in later centuries by the faith of Christ, Mithraism – or rather, its Romanised form Sol Invictus – was the first ‘universal religion’ of the Greco-Roman world.

Mithraism anticipated Christianity in all major respects bar one, and enjoyed a ‘reign’ of at least five centuries. It peaked around the year 300 AD when it became the official religion of the empire. At that time, in every town and city, in every military garrison and outpost from Syria to the Scottish frontier, was to be found a Mithraeum and officiating priests of the cult.

Mithraism was the ‘religion of choice’ of fishermen, merchants, and in particular, the military who adopted Mithras rather like latter-day soldiers would adopt St. Michael or St. George – Mithras slew bulls, St George slew dragons! Mithraism waged – and lost – a two-hundred year battle with the upstart religion of Christ, into which much of its ritual, and many of its practitioners, were subsumed.

Fatally, Mithraism had excluded women entirely, causing well-heeled Roman matrons with a pious frame of mind to explore first Judaism, and then Christianity. Also, unlike Christianity, it made no special overtures towards the uneducated, downtrodden and marginal elements of society. It was a religion chosen by emperors, not slaves.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why don't we know the date Jesus rose up from the dead? - by Minimalist - April 23, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2854 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19745 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4754 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1906 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 6277 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 4143 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5625 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 32126 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Why Didn't Jesus Write? Athena777 85 13308 January 29, 2017 at 2:09 am
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 25500 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd