Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?'
RE: 'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?'
(January 19, 2015 at 3:33 pm)Drich Wrote: No you can't Because Attonement Is Just As Much Appart of the Law and the Do's and Don't's If youre not serious about attonement then you have not followed the law. That is what you can not seem to grasp.

And you can't logically be serious about atonement if you think atonement is the only part of the law that applies to you. That is what you cannot seem to grasp. If the law is perfect, then every word of it is to be followed at all times, to the best of your ability.

Quote:"Attonement" is the "Smallest part" Jesus talks about that does not go away. It is also the part (when attoned through His blood) that elevates one's efforts to being greater than the pharisees.

Which, to you, means "I don't have to follow any of the other rules that make up the law", and Jesus very plainly and directly warns against interpreting it that way.

Quote:Do you have a biblical example of this or is this ryantology doctrine?

If this is just ryantology doctrine know we are having a biblical Christianity discussion and your particular doctrine does not apply.

It's not doctrinal at all. It's common sense that words not backed up with actions are meaningless. You say all the right things, but you don't respect the law or hold to it. You invent your own Drichian interpretation which would be accepted under no circumstances by anybody, unless they want rewards they don't feel like working to earn.

Quote:Ok, great let's do it your way. Show me book Chapter and verse oh great prophet.

James 2:10

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

For some reason, you read this as As long as you say you're sorry on a regular basis for breaking the law, you can ignore all of the laws you want."

Quote:Because you only see 1/2 the law as having any meaning. Because you hold a ryantologist doctrine of sincerity over that of the biblical doctrine of repentance, need I go on?

I hold the common sense idea that insincere repentance isn't repentance at all. It's lying for personal gain.

Quote:Then please support your assertion. Remeber Book Chapter and verse no 'doctrine.'

I don't think you're so important that the Bible would have anything to say about what a liar and a fraud you are. All I have to say is that inventing your own personal idea of canon doesn't mean jack to anybody but yourself. And, in the end, you are the god you worship and love.

Honestly, that doesn't make you a false Christian, but only because most Christians worship themselves and their perceptions just like you do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Drich, which of the million - by h4ym4n - January 18, 2015 at 7:29 am
RE: 'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?' - by Ryantology - January 19, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of xtianity is most likely to be correct? FrustratedFool 20 1324 December 8, 2023 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  God's preferred denominations LinuxGal 1 917 November 26, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4675 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7172 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90654 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  which version of christianity is correct? Drich 86 9297 March 30, 2020 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Dundee
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5883 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Human Reason and Christian Denominations Bahana 92 15680 April 20, 2018 at 9:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which is the cause, which the effect: religious fundamentalism <=> brain impairment Whateverist 31 5419 March 20, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2654 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4