Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 12:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Fear your mind for it is hell
#13
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell
(April 20, 2015 at 8:13 am)urlawyer Wrote: I don't particularly like horror all that much but every now and then I'll indulge myself in some scary stories, movies or games. Just recently I had one of these fits and read several scary stories before going to bed (bad decision). While I was able to laugh at the absurdity and illogical-ness of the stories when I was awake, my mind would have none of my rationality while I was asleep and so began a nightmare.

I suppose it's a testament to how much I've matured over the years that what few nightmares I have no longer focus on physical terrors but on psychological ones (either that or it's because a couple of the stories weren't about physical horrors but mental. Personally I like my first reason, though.) However these are the most frustrating since there is nothing you can do about the threat. It knows your thoughts and has no physical manifestaion that you can either run from or beat to oblivion so you're basically screwed until you can gain back your reason or wake up.

If there is a hell, I think that this is what it must be like. You are in a constant state of fear with no physical world to grasp onto or access to your rational faculties.
Truly hell is as bad as you can imagine.

What do you guys think? Is hell just a primitive state of mind imposed on our modern selves? Also, any tips on how to regain your wakeful intelligence in your dreams would be helpful.

I don't remember having had nightmares ever.

As a child I went to the movie theater and saw the original "Frankenstein", perhaps it was called "The Frankenstein Monster" in any case it never occured to me to be frightened, I was sorry and sympathetic for him. On the other hand I saw "It Came from Outer Space" when it came out and was extreamly suspenseful to the point I walked the eight blocks from the buss stop to home, but  didn't have nightmares.

Robert
Robert
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.

Reply



Messages In This Thread
Fear your mind for it is hell - by urlawyer - April 20, 2015 at 8:13 am
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by Nope - April 20, 2015 at 9:23 am
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by Cinjin - April 23, 2015 at 4:10 am
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by urlawyer - April 20, 2015 at 9:42 am
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by Nope - April 20, 2015 at 9:44 am
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by Hatshepsut - April 20, 2015 at 10:12 am
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by dyresand - April 20, 2015 at 10:44 am
Fear your mind for it is hell - by ajarnfalang - April 22, 2015 at 12:04 pm
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by Exian - April 22, 2015 at 12:13 pm
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by Alex K - April 22, 2015 at 12:35 pm
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by Exian - April 22, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Fear your mind for it is hell - by ajarnfalang - April 22, 2015 at 6:47 pm
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by paulpablo - April 22, 2015 at 7:08 pm
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by TheoneandonlytrueGod - April 22, 2015 at 7:31 pm
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by robvalue - April 23, 2015 at 3:56 am
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by paulpablo - April 23, 2015 at 5:07 am
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by robvalue - April 23, 2015 at 4:12 am
RE: Fear your mind for it is hell - by robvalue - April 23, 2015 at 7:09 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 2218 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 4287 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The concept of Hell T.J. 11 3291 November 12, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: brewer
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 9002 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  GoodFight310 and the visions of Hell Ah_Hyug 0 1334 September 20, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Ah_Hyug
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 36438 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 20105 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 4732 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 31618 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Hell, or rather my brief experience of it. Drich 206 127960 December 23, 2019 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: no one



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)