Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility
RE: Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility
(April 27, 2015 at 10:34 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote:
(April 27, 2015 at 9:51 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I don't know about that. If you do a wikipedia search for worst cities for murder you have to go pretty far down the list til you find a city that's mainly populated by white people.

I don't know what the argument about arresting people for arbitrary reasons is but I'm just pointing out that it's very doubtful that serial killing and mass murder is a white people's problem. 

To be honest though, people talk about "crime rates are higher among black people" and the statistic is thrown around without any context. We don't actually think about a very important question. Why?

Statistically, black people in America (and the UK) tend to be poorer. In severely deprived neighbourhoods, you're more likely to be led into crime, because you are neglected, and you struggle to escape from it because the system fails you. Crime becomes an attractive (or convenient) way of getting things you want and need.

If you look at it like that, it becomes less of a "black people problem" and more of a "poor people problem". These people are not criminals because they are black, they get led into crime because they are poor and often desperate. If you were to go to a very poor white neighbourhood, you'd find exactly the same thing, crime rates would be much higher than they would be in a middle class white neighbourhood. In fact I witnessed that myself growing up in an area that was predominantly white but still very poor, it was still not a safe area. It had exactly the same gang and drug issues we associate with black neighbourhoods, but the faces were white.

It's an issue of poverty more than race. It gets mis-labelled as a "race issue" because a disproportionate amount of black people are poor relative to white people.
 Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

and lots of black ppl are poor, cuz they have a hard time finding a job, cuz RACISM still exists.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility - by Marsellus Wallace - April 28, 2015 at 5:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1381 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10440 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side? Greatest I am 58 2303 August 13, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2203 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Black lives matter WinterHold 49 3593 June 10, 2020 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 2123 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 486 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 548 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED. Brian37 66 5414 February 21, 2019 at 7:59 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2541 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU