Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 3:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
I am not going to get to everything because this would be too long of a post.

@Rob we may disagree on how to go about defining what right and wrong looks like but we all agree there is a right and a wrong. We all agree murder is wrong, we agree lying is wrong, abusing people is wrong. The fact that we who have a different system of beliefs taught to us by the societies we live in and our views of God does not change the fact that we agree with these moral absolutes.

Prov 12:10 The righteous care for the needs of their animals, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.
Don't think this is a praise to you because you are attempting to care for animals. See you care more for things that are finite being but you happily agree with the murder of the weakest of humans. You blindly say that the objectification of human beings which leads to child molestation, rape, oppression where the viewer and the one viewed are destroyed in the process is just fine.

Also your so called natural selection was acted out by Hitler who thought that the Aryan were the pinnacle of the human race and he put his mind to make it so. Everyone says what he did was evil. Not just bad but evil.

@chad I said that societies did create the moral law which is defined as a general rule of right living; especially : such a rule or group of rules conceived as universal and unchanging and as having the sanction of God's will, of conscience, of man's moral nature, or of natural justice as revealed to human reason <the basic protection of rights is the moral law based on man's dignity. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moral%20law
The fact that we all have morals shows that there is something in us that says life should be organized in a certain way.
Also if you are honest with yourself you will realize that you don't create life because you only have half the DNA for the child also you didn't even choose your DNA. You didn't say today I will be or today I will make a child. You can't control anything outside of yourself, if you can even do that, and you don't even understand all of your brain but you claim there is no God.

@wyrd you err because you don't know the scripture. Look at Acts 10. Also God has told me things about Himself before I read them in the Bible and has behaved as He says He would in the Bible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - June 30, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1480 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1087 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 16134 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3590 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5435 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5896 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5361 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3848 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 18175 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7125 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy