Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 2:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did God fire an Angel or Did an Angel just quit?
RE: Did God fire an Angel or Did an Angel just quit?
OK, now that I'm done with your butchery of the English language, now I turn to your butchery of logic.

(July 16, 2013 at 5:06 pm)Drich Wrote: I'll do you one better, not only do you have B,C,andV here is some commentary to go along with it:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-fall.html

My original challenge was for you to provide chapter and verse that detail such an important event to Christian theology.

Quote:Satan wanted to be God. God got rid of him.

And here's what the linked site had to say (bold emphasis mine):

Quote:Satan’s fall from heaven is symbolically described in Isaiah 14:12-14 and Ezekiel 28:12-18. While these two passages are referring specifically to the kings of Babylon and Tyre, they also reference the spiritual power behind those kings, namely, Satan.

Wow. A "symbolic description" from passages that specifically refer to worldly kings but are assumed, without any cause, to be references to Satan as the "spiritual power" behind these fallen kings, even though "Satan" is mentioned in neither passage.

"10", "10", "10" on the mental gymnastics.

Quote:Satan fell before he tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden

The snake was just a snake. Not only was there no reference to the snake being a supernatural being but there was evidence to the contrary.

Quote:Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made

The snake was an animal of the field, not a supernatural being of any kind, let alone the arch nemesis of Yahweh.

It is nothing short of amazing that such an important event in Christian theology would never be described in canonical scripture but would be left to later fan fiction. Even the Qur'an, as badly written as it is, provides a better story on the fall of Satan.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did God fire an Angel or Did an Angel just quit? - by DeistPaladin - July 17, 2013 at 8:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Angel of Death.... ronedee 14 1882 September 29, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  angel story video form Drich 107 10812 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  lying angel - silly ol' Gabriel - just musings drfuzzy 13 2055 December 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Banned
  Did God just admit to his followers that he's a psychopath? IanHulett 42 8338 May 24, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Sappho
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12682 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  [split] Better reasons to quit Christianity radorth 10 5202 April 7, 2013 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Gold dust, manna, angel feathers, gems, rainbows and gold appearing in a church near you. Ziploc Surprise 9 6050 December 20, 2012 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Evil Mutant Angel Giants frogger6 9 5090 September 27, 2012 at 4:34 am
Last Post: frogger6
Smile Better reasons to quit Christianity spockrates 462 304930 September 9, 2012 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Phish
  An encounter with an angel... Or not. FallentoReason 61 20118 July 8, 2012 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Epimethean