Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any core feature of christianity not found in other religions
RE: Is there any core feature of christianity not found in other religions
Check my sig for people who led lives similar to Jesus. Horus of the Egyptians was #1 on the list.

Quote:Born of a virgin, Isis. Only begotten son of the God Osiris. Birth heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star. Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21). In reality, he had no birth date; he was not a human. Death threat during infancy: Herut tried to have Horus murdered. Handling the threat: The God That tells Horus’ mother “Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.” An angel tells Jesus’ father to: “Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.” Break in life history: No data between ages of 12 & 30. Age at baptism: 30. Subsequent fate of the baptiser: Beheaded. Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Was crucifed, descended into Hell; resurrected after three days.

That's one of the two main reasons I feel I can't be a christian. If I'm going to worship Jesus, I might as well worship the other guys, but that would make Yahweh angry.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there any core feature of christianity not found in other religions - by Chad32 - February 22, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other burning bush Fake Messiah 12 1621 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3410 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2801 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies? Jehanne 41 4854 February 1, 2019 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 21093 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is Christianity unique or not? Graufreud 88 8063 July 28, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Josephus and other contemporaries on Jesus JairCrawford 271 34067 July 14, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Are there any YECs in the house here? Jehanne 71 9583 June 28, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Ranking the world's worst religions Nihilist Virus 35 11742 January 5, 2018 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  I've found God? ScienceAf 120 27220 October 8, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: brewer