Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 3:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?'
RE: 'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?'
(January 14, 2015 at 12:23 am)Drich Wrote: I have been asked this question so many different times in my last two threads I think it should be posted once and for all.

It's real simple.

All canonical Jesus Christ centered religions are good.

Why?

Attonement.

The same attonement that is offered to us when we willfully sin is also offered when we are trying to love God with all of our heart, mind, spirit, and strength.

So this beggs the question who is right? Which version of Christianity is correct? None are. The thing is.. We don't have to be.

So what's the trick? One must have the attonement offered by Christ. According to Paul to his letter to the Galations, this 'gospel' is the canonical/biblical Gospel. All other 'new gospels' are false.

Therefore the only ones that fall under the Christian 'freedom of religion' are those who know and follow the Jesus/gospel found in the canonical scriptures.

Jesus didn't write any gospels... come to think of it he didn't actually commit anything to writing... how strange?

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?' - by ManMachine - January 14, 2015 at 8:55 am
RE: 'Drich, which of the million - by h4ym4n - January 18, 2015 at 7:29 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of xtianity is most likely to be correct? FrustratedFool 20 1210 December 8, 2023 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  God's preferred denominations LinuxGal 1 913 November 26, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4604 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6687 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89690 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  which version of christianity is correct? Drich 86 8985 March 30, 2020 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Dundee
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5528 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Human Reason and Christian Denominations Bahana 92 15394 April 20, 2018 at 9:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which is the cause, which the effect: religious fundamentalism <=> brain impairment Whateverist 31 5328 March 20, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2614 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4