Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field
RE: Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field
(June 14, 2017 at 8:01 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(June 14, 2017 at 7:32 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Well before you make an assumption, why not let the courts decide if it was indeed targeting.
Bullshit. There's no question that this leftist shooter was politically motivated in targeting Republicans, given his railings against Trump and Republicans on his Facebook page, plus the fact that he asked a congressman whether those on the ball field were Republicans just prior to his shooting at them.
Nope, no question.  So, yet another domestic terrorist, then?
(June 14, 2017 at 8:11 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(June 14, 2017 at 7:56 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Indeed, seems like there's shooters from all sides of the political spectrum. Sounds to me like your country could do with some gun control.
If someone is determined to kill people there's many other ways to do so, as Timothy McVeigh, the Boston Marathon bombers, or even the terrorists who use trucks to run over people have proven. Gun control isn't going to stop determined murderers and assassins from killing people.
Agreed, probably would have stopped this guy though.
(June 14, 2017 at 9:47 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(June 14, 2017 at 7:49 pm)Aegon Wrote: I was about to say, "Uh, sounds like you want gun control... what else would protect them from gun-toting assassins?"

This gun toting hay seed thinks it's damn time we get some stricter gun control laws.

We could get away with stricter enforcement of current law.  This one, for example..could have been flagged by past domestic abuse charges under some current state laws - virginia has it's own state law that approaches this.   The data can be and is created, we just don't act on it.  We don't investigate the many blips our system can already provide..in the registry we federally create - at every legal point of sale that isn't a person's livingroom. The laws and the monitering systems and the legal justification are all already in place. What we require is will.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field - by The Grand Nudger - June 14, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] American Congress member speaks about Israeli terrorism against Palestinians WinterHold 5 378 May 14, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2424 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 407 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7360 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 119 7482 October 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7526 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3168 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 557 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'd Rather Have Your Dog In Congress Than You Minimalist 2 515 May 28, 2018 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Speaker Eddie Munster to retire from Congress Brian37 5 903 April 11, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Aegon