Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 6:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid
RE: New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid
(April 14, 2019 at 12:45 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Mom isn' t getting " off the hook".

She' s got to live with that shit forever.

No, nobody lives "forever".

And what about her kid, the one who's going to have to live with having killed his sister? Why is the kid getting a worse "punishment", than the mother - since he's going to have to live with this (as well as - most likely - resulting disorders, like PTSD and impaired hearing) arguably longer? Unless - of course - he blows his brains out at some point, because of psychological complications stemming from this childhood trauma.

I'm not saying the mother has to go to prison for the rest of her life, but how come her guilt is enough of a punishment? What if a parent through negligence allows his/her child to fatally overdose on prescription pills, or something - would living with that also be enough?

(April 14, 2019 at 12:45 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I suppose if she was a psychopath - then jail would be appropriate.

So, if she's mentally ill - she should be locked up for this, but if she's not - it's "cool"? Sounds logical...

(April 14, 2019 at 12:45 am)onlinebiker Wrote: She should lose her guns - and the right to own them. 

Wait... What? She's supposed to be deprived of the right to protect her home and her remaining children from all the dangers supposedly awaiting unarmed Americans, like burglars, rapists, drug cartels, governments, and - I don't know - bears? Surely, you'd be leaving that family for dead...

(April 14, 2019 at 12:45 am)onlinebiker Wrote: As far as " deterance to others" - do you really think most people would find jail more of a deterance than their child dying of a gunshot? Most mothers I know would willingly do jail time to prevent such a thing. Or, at least I would like to think they would.

Am I wrong?

Of course you are, though not necessarily about mothers' preferences regarding their children's deaths and jail time.

What "deterrent to others" - and generally gun control - is supposed to accomplish is to change the perception of gun ownership, from being a cool, fun, everyday thing that every f*ckwit is born entitled to - to a huge responsibility and a privilege. Americans treat guns like toys - that's the root of the problem.

Sure - the gun deaths aren't going to cause US population to significantly decrease. They're statistically not very significant. But a generation after generation of kids growing up bombarded with the news about kids getting murdered in schools and such - that's bound to have psychological implications on a national (perhaps global) scale. Because children don't understand statistics. From what I remember - growing up is stressful enough, even without the possibility of being brutally killed by another child. And then dumb old f*cks are shocked, that "kids these days" prefer to stay in their bedrooms on their phones...

Wait a few more years. Another generation of young people paranoid about gun-death just might tip the scale in favor of gun control measures - possibly much more drastic, than what could be done now, if gun owners weren't acting like a bunch of stubborn morons, who love their weapons more than their children.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid - by Homeless Nutter - April 14, 2019 at 6:10 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1714 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE Gun Thread onlinebiker 1251 112499 August 19, 2022 at 8:25 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 4097 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1173 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I can't believe she's so stupid as to say this out loud. onlinebiker 21 1453 January 10, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2863 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down More Stupid in Flint Mi. onlinebiker 6 420 July 31, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 10369 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1809 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1264 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm