Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US and Taliban sign deal to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan
RE: US and Taliban sign deal to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan
Depending on which numbers you want to take as accurate, we've killed anywhere from 500,000 to 1.2 million people in the Middle East and have lost just below about 10 thousand American lives. We've torn that region of the world to shreds for the past 17 years... and for what? I couldn't care less about the fact that we "haven't broken the will" of the Middle East... I don't think that was ever our intention. Our intention was revenge, and potentially oil and heroin, depending on who you ask.

The real question is, what's the point of continuing the fight? Your people are being killed not only by us, but by each other as well. ISIL and other jihadist groups terrorize civilians over there, fighting with the militaries, with the police forces and even with each other. I think the Middle East has enough problems without us being a part of the equation. We've tried to help the people over there for years. And they do not want our help. Soldiers I know told me that the armies over there would listen to the Americans while we were stationed there, then would immediately going back to doing things the old way as soon as Americans left their base.

You can lead a horse to water, as they say.

All in all, I just don't see the point in us continuing to be over there. We've killed far too many people, civilians included, and have accomplished what? Call it defeat, call it whatever you like. Many people in the Middle East seem hellbent on continuing to live in a way that no sane person would call civilized. Pride gets you nowhere in war. And apparently, pride is just too important to many of these people. It's a shame.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US and Taliban sign deal to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan - by EgoDeath - March 8, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat. Nishant Xavier 46 2678 August 6, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  George Carlin American Dream vannymanny 6 530 June 29, 2022 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Buy the new US military rifle before the troops get them onlinebiker 35 1962 April 25, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Taliban warns US not to 'destabilise' new Afghan regime in face-to-face talks WinterHold 24 1669 October 12, 2021 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1595 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 578 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  One of the Co-founders of Taliban,Likely to be Afghanistan New President WinterHold 134 13203 August 24, 2021 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] American Congress member speaks about Israeli terrorism against Palestinians WinterHold 5 378 May 14, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Troops to leave Afghanistan by 9/11/21 Brian37 10 1906 April 16, 2021 at 12:21 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  The barberity of Australian soldiers in Afghanistan catched on camera WinterHold 58 3249 December 8, 2020 at 4:39 am
Last Post: no one