Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians.
RE: Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians.
(September 21, 2020 at 1:28 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: 1 I see what I put as logical and reasoned facts.
Lots of people think that about their beliefs.

Quote:2 Give a couple of examples. I might be able to deal with them. I say might because you are a bright guy. I hope you are not thinking theft or other things I can easily refute.
I'm not thinking of any particular thing when I say sin.  

Quote: 3 What great evil do you see when we cooperate?
The greatest evils are done by cooperation - things like war, for example.  

Quote:"Sin is (supposed to be) the thing that compels us to evil, not the specific evil, or any given circumstance of evil."

Jesus took that further and said to even just think of a sin was a sin. I have done a lot of sinning in my mind. Not nearly as much in reality.

I do not agree with him particularly on this thought sin or thought crime thing. It is handy to mentally "sin" to form proofs of concept.
Sure, we sin in thought with regularity.  We play with the idea of doing the wrong thing far more often than we do the wrong thing.  Sin is the things that compels us to evil.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. - by The Grand Nudger - September 21, 2020 at 4:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things atheists say: Goatherders Data 45 1803 September 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1323 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I literally cannot avoid sinning; so, why... zwanzig 70 3757 July 23, 2023 at 7:43 am
Last Post: no one
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1226 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3733 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2333 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
  "Good" & "Bad" Christians? Fake Messiah 153 9883 August 27, 2019 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7809 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1991 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10092 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso