Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 11:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My not-so-fatal Suicide.
RE: My not-so-fatal Suicide.
There but for the grace of Jah goes the Reverend. I suspect that I’d be in a similar place if my Dad died (and, if he died before my mother, I’d probably have killed her and then myself.) Although, at the very least, I’m told I have a trust fund to keep the lower-rung Maslovian needs going. I wasn’t sure exactly why you were doing it, and what you talked about is understandable. I’ve struggled with suicidal thoughts for quite a bit of my life (Luvox and having a therapist helps me), but often it could come about for little to no reason. Early on in my therapy, she asked what I expected of the future, if I expected good things to happen or bad. I said I had little to no hope for the future. When she asked why, I found I couldn’t articulate a reason. And, even though I knew intellectually things were going well for me, the fog barely lifted. I never attempted suicide, but, at my worst moments, that was only because I worried about what would happen if I failed. Or maybe it was just logistical problems.

In my cowardice, the furthest I ever went is unlatching the window on the 12th story of a building. Not even opening it, because of many possibilities, from the possibility that 12 stories isn’t a big enough jump to kill a person, to the possibility that someone might see me, or that even the few people I cared about might miss me, or that I might chicken out. Antidepressants and having a therapist have since helped me in that regard.

And flashing forward to this April, I saw your post and I figured I needed to help. I’m not the least bit surprised you were angry at the time. If I ever got up the courage to end it all during the darkest days and someone managed to stop me, I’d almost certainly have been pissed. I’d have seen someone saving my life as ruining my death.

But if it at least helped you off the brink, it’s at least a bit worth it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Messages In This Thread
My not-so-fatal Suicide. - by Goosebump - June 4, 2021 at 11:05 pm
RE: My not-so-fatal Suicide. - by Jackalope - June 4, 2021 at 11:25 pm
RE: My not-so-fatal Suicide. - by Goosebump - June 4, 2021 at 11:43 pm
RE: My not-so-fatal Suicide. - by Abaddon_ire - July 28, 2021 at 7:58 am
RE: My not-so-fatal Suicide. - by Rev. Rye - June 5, 2021 at 8:24 pm
RE: My not-so-fatal Suicide. - by brewer - June 5, 2021 at 8:38 pm
RE: My not-so-fatal Suicide. - by Goosebump - July 28, 2021 at 2:40 am
RE: My not-so-fatal Suicide. - by Rev. Rye - July 28, 2021 at 10:50 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suicide among Christians purplepurpose 6 376 May 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  assisted suicide vs suicide prevention Catholic_Lady 130 17133 June 18, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Do you have the courage to commit suicide in case if terminal disease? Macoleco 62 9622 April 18, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does it take courage or cowardice to commit suicide? ErGingerbreadMandude 35 5285 November 30, 2017 at 8:59 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  When your significant other threatens suicide Tangra 6 1281 December 14, 2016 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Suicide Shinagami 78 9510 August 12, 2015 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Shinagami
  GOP Political suicide and you dyresand 14 2649 June 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Is suicide wrong? Angrboda 91 13893 June 7, 2014 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Pakistani Teenager dies preventing suicide bomber from attacking his school Fidel_Castronaut 21 5611 January 12, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go. Opsnyder 73 25584 June 30, 2012 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Reforged