Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 8:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship?
RE: Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship?
(May 20, 2023 at 10:53 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(May 20, 2023 at 9:44 am)KerimF Wrote: Please don't tell me that an AI robot could also be programmed to oppose (not update his initial routines to be new ones as in the evolution process) any of his routines (original or updated). But if you like you can anytime give me an example since I can't find one. Thank you.

I think you did find an example, immediately, as your paranthetical qualification suggests.  

-but lets run with it.  Yes, it would be relatively simple to program a machine to reject it's programming.  That is..literally, a one step process.  It's still programming, though, isn't it?  Is that what you mean by our human freedom?  That we're programmed to reject our programming, whereas "robots" are not programmed to reject their programming?

What you said is very true. A robot can be programmed to even destroy itself in some situations (for example, to also destroy the secret codes and data in its embedded controllers and memory chips).

The question now: Why does a human decide not to obey his inner routines.

First, let us note that if a human allowed his own death to happen while he had the chance to stay alive, it could be of a preprogrammed routine of self-destruction or not .This could be done for many different reasons usually to save himself or some others from real painful things or to hurt some others by depriving them from things, if not worse, because of his death.

But what I am sure of is whatever happens in me in my life. In brief, when I face a person who is pleased to start playing somehow the enemy with me remotely, I don't feel good if I try to stop him or think to get my revenge later. I mean, if I obey my instincts in this, I can't avoid seeing myself much like a TV set (a sort of robot) which could be turned on and off remotely. So, I keep talking to him as a friend who cares. Many times, I gained new friends this way. But when my both cheeks, right and left, were hit, it was a very clear sign to me that I was facing a real human-like robot whose reactions could be of any aggressive animal.
Let us recall that those who are created to play even the greatest evil persons on earth, are given also the best talents to play the good angels before their audience.
Therefore, the cheek's hint proved to be a great though simple one by which I can discover if I face a human or a robot. Yes, every human (as I) is not perfect, so one may hurt me by a mere coincidence. But he doesn't repeat it if I turn the other cheek, only robots do since they have to obey their instincts of superiority.

Finally, let us be rational, any robot here has no choice but to hear all what I say as totally nonsense. And I don't argue on this because it is a natural fact that no one can change.
Answering: What is my point?
https://atheistforums.org/thread-49852.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? - by KerimF - May 20, 2023 at 12:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5784 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6483 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 51727 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Für Friendship Sam Alexander 3 493 July 11, 2022 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 16929 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 24959 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet
  Who do not atheists believe? Interaktive 12 2366 March 25, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus Der/die AtheistIn 154 17606 January 24, 2019 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments against existence of God. Mystic 336 79982 December 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  If the existence of an enduring soul was proven... Gawdzilla Sama 45 4740 November 26, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama