Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism
RE: "How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism

I have no problem with mortality. In fact, to simply cease to exist when my body dies would be about the easiest thing I can imagine. There would be absolutely no responsibility tied to that notion at all. It would certainly not be anything to fear.

My suspicion that there's more to reality than meets the eye is not based on personal desire. It's just the most likely scenario for the truth of reality as far I can see.

Besides, it's crystal clear by your statement that you have fallen hook, line, and sinker, for the western reductionist view of life. You have been convinced that "all that exists" are a bunch of subatomic 'particles' and the forces that act on them.

But that's just a western reductionist view of reality. It's a view that has recently been shown to be false even via the scientific method of investigation. When we get down to the quantum level of reality that artificial reductionist approach fails, and a holistic aspect of nature appears.

The holistic approach to reality is the Eastern Mystical view.

So it's truly ironic how the western scientific reductionistic approach to inquiry has actually ended up proving that the Eastern Mystics were right all along.

The universe is not just a bunch of sub-atomic particles. It's actually vibrations in a ocean of holistic waves. In fact, scientists are jumping on that theory via String Theory as we speak.

So the Eastern Mystical view of the Eastern Mystics has basically been proven to be correct even by the western scientists.

It is an ill-defined term, and everyone uses it to mean something quite different. That's a given. To be "without a theism" depends entirely upon what 'theism' you are claiming to be without.

So its necessarily a vague term. And as I've already shown even this web site acknowledges that a person may be 'atheist' toward one form of theism, whist simultaneously embracing or being agnostic toward another forum of theism.

There is no judgment in the fundamental idea of mysticism. At best there exists a concept of "karma", but all karma means is "action". It has nothing to do with "good" or "bad". It's like the wake of a boat. You make waves, and you ride out the waves that you make. No judgement required.

In fact, Jesus obviously understood this Eastern Mystical concept, as he is said to have taught, "Judge not and ye shall not be judged".

This is because Jesus was most likely a Mahayana Buddhist Bodhisattva, and he fully understood that you are the only judge there is. You are the one who judges things to be 'good' or 'evil'. Thus if you do not pass judgment, then no judgment shall be passed.

You are the one who judges the waves that you make to be 'good waves' or 'bad waves'.

Karma is just the waves that you make coming back to splash all over you.

I'm not trying to shove anything down anyone's throat. If you don't believe in the holistisic view of reality, then don't believe it.

Science hasn't ruled out much of anything. In fact, scientists are currently hypothesizing there may be 7 more hidden dimensions to the fabric of spacetime than we are currently able to directly detect.

Well, if there truly are 11 dimensions to reality, and we only know of 4 of them (including time as a dimension) right now. Then think about that minute.

That means that we can only directly detect about 40% of the spacetime fabric in which we live, and that 70% of it is completely hidden from us.

So take everything we currently know about the universe today, double it, and that's approximately what we don't yet know about the true nature of the fabric of spacetime.

So how could science claim to have ruled anything out, when they are currently proclaiming to not even be able to detect over 70% of a hidden universe?

And that's only the tip of the iceberg.

Scientists are also proposing parallel universe as the quantum level, as well as multiverses at the macro level. According to the hypotheses of science, scientists no so little about the true nature of reality that simply aren't in a position to rule out much of anything.

The very idea that science has 'ruled out spirit' is nothing more than a street myth, that has no more merit than ancient Hebrew Mythology.

Learn about real science and you'll soon discover that we know very little the true nature of reality and really can't say anything definite about it all all, much less claim to have ruled things out.

I didn't know you wrote a book. Where can I get a copy?

Well, I'll grant you that many people may not refer to the Eastern Mystical philosophy as "spirituality". Some people prefer to call it mysticism and refrain from calling it spirituality because they have semantic problems with the term 'spirit' probably stemming from how that concept is used in the Abrahamic religoins.

So I wouldn't argue with you over the semantics of the term.

If you prefer to think of it as mysticism, that's fine with me.

The fundamental mystical philosophies of the Eastern Mystics are not dependent upon things such as astrology. But obviously, like with all human cultures those two concepts are often believed simultaneously by a single religious or spiritual group.

This is why I would not recommend jumping on any particular dogma. Try to separate what actually makes sense with things that are obvious superstition. Like I say, the holism of reality has been fleshed out even via the western sciences so that's something that you can depend upon as having a double-foundation.

I must confess that I haven't read a whole lot about Krishna in particular. As far as I can tell there's probably some parts of those tales that may have been sparked by a real person, whilst other parts are entirely exaggerated superstitions (not unlike what most likely happened with Jesus)

I'm not even sure that I believe that Siddhartha Gautama was an actual person, but even if he was, his tales are probably filled with much superstitions and confusions as well.

You really need to look at the far bigger cultural picture to try to get a sense of what the real philosophers and thinkers were actually attempting to get at.

I also, didn't study eastern mysticism for the purpose of learning a 'new' philosophy. Instead I studied it to see how well it was in harmony with my own life's experience and knowledge. For this reason I was able to take just the parts that make sense, and easily weed out the parts that are most likely superstitions.

I certainly have no dogma to sell to you.

The only thing I can tell you with absolute certainty is that there most certainly do exist spiritual (or mystical philosophies, if you prefer) that not only do not conflict with known scientific knowledge, but that can actually supported by that knowledge.

And that the people who are trying to shove street myths down your throat that science has 'ruled out' all possible concepts of spiritual essence, are the wolves and liars who are misrepresenting what is truly known and understood about the true nature of reality, both in terms of science, and in terms of what is possible in Eastern mystical philosophies.

So yes, it does take a narrow-minded and uncreative person to believe that any and all spiritual essence of reality has been ruled out. That's just a big of a lie as proclaiming to know for certain that Jesus is God. Those are just two different extremist views at opposite ends of the rainbow. One is an ancient myth started by male-chauvinistic Hebrew pig, and the other is an unsupportable street myth that totally misrepresents what is actually known by the modern sciences.

The truth most likely resides in the wisdom of the Eastern Mystics. Wink

Christian - A moron who believes that an all-benevolent God can simultaneously be a hateful jealous male-chauvinistic pig.
Wiccan - The epitome of cerebral evolution having mastered the magical powers of the universe and is in eternal harmony with the mind of God.
Atheist - An ill-defined term that means something different to everyone who uses it.
~~~~~
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Clearly Jesus (a fictitious character or otherwise) will forgive people if they merely know not what they do
For the Bible Tells us so!

Messages In This Thread
RE: "How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism - by Abracadabra - February 20, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6332 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God Exists brokenreflector 210 12992 June 16, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How many of you know that there is atheism in Sanatana Dharma ? hindu 19 2292 June 7, 2020 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God. unityconversation 157 14309 March 18, 2020 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  When and where did atheism first start ? hindu 99 9137 July 16, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: comet
  First order logic, set theory and God dr0n3 293 27090 December 11, 2018 at 11:35 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Before We Discuss Whether God Exists, I Have A Question Jenny A 113 14876 March 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Proof that God exists TheoneandonlytrueGod 203 46999 January 23, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27121 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Muslims are using this NASA video as proof that islam is true and that allah exists LetThereBeNoGod 10 3962 February 16, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod