Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist
(December 12, 2013 at 3:21 pm)Zazzy Wrote: This is a human condition, not a female one. People like to have the things taxes pay for, but bitch about paying the taxes. Why should women specifically get so much anger from you for it, even assuming they actually do this?

If it's a human and not specifically femal condition, then it would seem feminism isn't really adequate.
Lol, women don't get anger from me over this, I just find inconsistent argumentation that mainstream feminism rarely distances itself from to be silly. Much the same as I feel abput religious theism, actually.
And this is a thing women did, not that something women do as a sort of widespread thing. In context, I was talking about aroudnd th 40s. The modern say stuff I brought up was stuff about the Taliban-run Afganistan.

Quote:This is possibly the most BS thing you've said in this thread. Most people automatically assume the guilt of ANYONE charged with ANY crime. And it's not a "claim" that most rapes go unreported. It's a fucking fact.

Wait wait wait, so you're saying it's the right thing to do? I dobut you are, so that's a red herring. Further, it's even worse with rape and murder, maybe even more so with rape because it's harder to prove and has a terrible stigma (rightfully so), but that unfortunately blinds some to the need for proper legal proceedings.

I'm not sure I disputed that many rapes are unreported. The real crux is that many rapes are likewise acquitted either because of lack of evidence (which is to be expected with a crime like this) or plain bad evidence, so the extremist position I mentioned of presuming male guilt until proven innocent that some feminists put forward is ridiculous and contrary to the apparent aims of feminism.

Quote:Men are even LESS likely to report rape than women are, and the reasons for both sexes not to report it are totally obvious. What this has to do with your first point- having it both ways- is completely unclear. If you want people not to think you're a misogynist, stop spouting crap like this.

Do you REALLY not see how that VERY extremist view (which I hope you don't hold) is trying to have it both ways? Come on, how easy is this. It's wanting women to be legally favored in criminal proceedings over men, despite feminists (and other sane people) wanting women to be on a level playing field with men.

And as for YOUR BS, I've repeatedly voiced my support for male and female equality, but what you and others here have argued have been unjustified claims of completely male-made and male-maintained oppression towards women, which is a paradigm so simplistic I can't believe it doesn't ring some alarm bells to actually hold a more nuanced position.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe People Should Not Look Up To YouTube Atheist - by MindForgedManacle - December 12, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6487 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 2022 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2353 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2448 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3045 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4824 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 1977 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2746 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
  Should I tell my girlfriend that I'm an atheist? erealmz 45 9220 November 19, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 93664 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos