Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 12:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christians, what is your VERY BEST arguments for the existence of God?
RE: Christians, what is your VERY BEST arguments for the existence of God?
(February 10, 2010 at 1:12 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:
(February 10, 2010 at 1:05 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: The problem is that should I tell you what God is like you're now saying that you would take that as evidence.

Well what is your reasoning to believe he exists? Why do you think - think, that's right "think" - he exists? That is what you believe is indication, that is your evidence right?

My reasoning is immaterial. You said you'd take my advice as evidence because you'd believe people don't usually lie. And I wouldn't be lying to you describing what God is like.

(February 10, 2010 at 12:51 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:
Quote:Why shouldn't he be an exception?

Why shouldn't the Flying Spaghetti Monster be an exception?

Because that's not a serious proposition of a non evidenced entity. But you're avoiding the question.

Quote:If you're not talking about God, yes.

Why God? What about the FSM?

Why not dodge again?

Quote:In essence it's what you always say.

Why do you think that? I'm asking for your reasoning to believe God exists. Asking for that and asking for your evidence is exactly the same thing - you just seem to hate the word "evidence".

When pointed out at the beginning of the conversation how it has no place in this discussion, and for you to auto fire it at me ad infinitum... is a little wearing yes. YOU think that evidence is the only way to rationalise anything - end of conversation.

Quote:Wrong. This is selective reasoning.

Evidence is considered rational in any normal belief, but when it comes to religion or pseudo-science it is suspended - why? On what logic - on what reasoning?

We're covering old ground here (as well as spanning every active topic with the same conversation as usual). Belief in what smacks you in the face is unnecessary. Reasoning is only required for the unknown.

(February 10, 2010 at 1:12 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Why not have faith in the FSM instead? Do you have your reasons? What are they? Do they relate to God's actual existence at all and the likelihood of it? If not.... - why do you believe in something you have no reason to believe is actually more probable to exist or not? If that's not irrational - then what is?

Verbal vomit. You're trying to chase down your evidence ghost again. Please don't involve me... I don't think he exists/ I am agnostic on EvieGod.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians, what is your VERY BEST arguments for the existence of God? - by fr0d0 - February 10, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the best arguments against Christian Science? FlatAssembler 8 504 September 17, 2023 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13667 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Existence of Marcion questioned? JairCrawford 28 2142 March 4, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  VERY Basic Doctrines of Calvinism johndoe122931 18 2439 June 7, 2021 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Spiritual realm is very likely real (demonic possession)? Flavius007 23 2030 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 9569 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7951 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 10704 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
  The existence of god Foxaèr 16 2904 May 5, 2018 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15227 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm