Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 1:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(August 24, 2015 at 1:53 pm)Ayen Wrote:
(August 24, 2015 at 9:29 am)Rekeisha Wrote: She did know right from wrong, her husband Adam, imparted God's command about the trees which she restated to the snake in the garden. She knew what she should have done and what she should not have done. Also God was not surprised nor was He a liar. Adam and Eve died spiritually and then died physically. Also they could have easily call for God to come ( it is not like he didn't know what was going on)  instead they choose to entertain the devil. You have misrepresented the story in Genesis I am not sure if this was on purpose or not, but that is why you are making the errors that you have.

Also God is not judging you for the sins Adam and Eve committed but the wrong you have committed against Him. He is trying to redeem you because He believes you are worth the sacrifice. He values your life and existence and wants you live in truth. That is why He is calling you to repent.

What they ate from was called the 'Tree of Forbidden Knowledge of Good and Evil.' Meaning that before they ate this they didn't know what good and evil were. They didn't know until AFTER they ate of said tree. Furthermore, God did not say, "Eat and your spirit will die." He simply said, "You will die," with no further explanation. Eve was reciting what she was told, and since you do subscribe to the snake = Satan belief, explain to me why God punished snakes at all. They had feet, and now they don't because they were framed by the devil. God's justice is a little skewered there.

I'm a man who sweats, and according to the bible sweat was a punishment to Adam after he disobeyed. All women now feel pain in childbirth because Eve ate a fruit. Yes, according to your book, he IS judging us for their sins. He's punishing an entire species for the act of two people and a devil snake. It's right there in black and white.

All of this could have been avoided with one simple act: DON'T PUT THE FUCKING TREE THERE!

Gen 3:8 The Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, and there He placed the man He had formed. 9 The Lord God caused to grow out of the ground every tree pleasing in appearance and good for food, including the tree of life in the middle of the garden, as well as the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

So it is the knowledge of Good and evil but that doesn't mean she didn't know what she should not do and what she should do. Gen 3:2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit from the trees in the garden. 3 But about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God said, ‘You must not eat it or touch it, or you will die.’”
Her last part was an addition God didn't say that you would surly die if you ate it. She could have ask God and her husband was right there so he could have said something too.
Gen 2:16...“You are free to eat from any tree of the garden, 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for on the day you eat from it, you will certainly die.”

It doesn't matter wither God said spiritual or physical, they wouldn't have understood what death was anyway, they should have just obeyed.  I don't explain everything to my children some things they can't fully understand. If I don't want them doing something harmful I don't need to explain all of the details I just need them to obey.
Adam and Eve had the entire garden to eat from yet the one tree and the only one negative command they had was don't eat from the tree of good and evil. God was giving them a chance to obey or disobey. To choose to trust him or distrust. God says if you obey His commands you love Him and it is only by faith that you can please Him and are justified. We have this choice and our choices do effect our children. We don't sin in a vacuum. Our decision will do harm or bless others. Their decision ruined themselves and their children. They allowed a spiritual sickness to invade all of humanity. Still God had a plan to redeem us through His own sacrifice on the cross so that whoever puts their trust in Him repents and accepts His death on the cross can be brought back into a right relationship with God. The curses were just a sign to us all that something isn't right and we need to be fixed.

As for the snake not totally clear on that but I do know that it is a metaphor. Every time Adam's decedents would see the snake they would have been reminded that they had lost something because of sin and they would also know that God had given them a promise to defeat the snake. If you look in the Bible you see the snake throughout scripture as a sign of sin/Satan and God's promise to defeat the snake at the same time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - August 25, 2015 at 9:10 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1305 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1049 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15002 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3460 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5388 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5817 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5289 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3786 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17625 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7071 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy