Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 1:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(September 28, 2015 at 8:16 am)Rekeisha Wrote: I guess you are failing at finding good argumentation against the truth as well.

If you use science but your starting point is wrong your outcome will always be wrong. Also did you think about fact checking the website, or did you just bring your presuppositions to the website and rule it out because it didn't fit your category of what you feel is non-bias?

You act like science is this magical thing and every time you come to a conclusion using Science it must be right. Talk about drinking the kool-aid. "Science says... so it must be right" "it's scientific!" "Science proves _____ so that is how the world works". People are the one behind using the tool of science to figure things out. If people are flawed then their conclusions can be flawed. If people have the presupposition that God doesn't exist it is not a surprise that their conclusions will lead them to that conclusion. To use science you must rely on knowledge, logic, uniformity and you can not account for those things without God. Science can't disprove faith or God or anything God has set up. You can misuse the tool and blindly try to etch out your own understanding of things but you will be wrong.

The truth is God is in control of everything. He see and know everything as well as the real reason why you don't want to follow Him. If you truly used critical thinking you would have to end up at the conclusion that God is real. What is amazing to me is that He cares for you even when you do everything in your power to stick your head in the sand and pretend He isn't there. You treat Him like He is your enemy even though He seek your best. He is the most precious being in all creation. Nothing is worth more than He is and He willingly gives Himself to you. He did this on the cross for your sins and If you accept His sacrifice He will also Give yo the Holy Spirit as a down payment. He want to give you amazing things but I find that you just want to play around in the dirt. You can have so much more but you settle for only what you can do. You stunt your thinking by hiding behind "human knowledge and wisdom".

I hope you have something intelligent to say in response to my post.

Your level of idiocy is honestly getting kind of tiring. 

As I already explained, the point of quoting you and changing your argument was to show you that it's the exact same argument with the exact same level of truth, regardless of which deity you're talking about. The fact that you're still too dumb to realize this, even though I expressly explained it to you, is worrying, to say the least.

Science is not a magical explanation that fills in every gap. That's what your stupid little Gaud is for. Science gathers evidence and posits reasonable explanations for that evidence. Science is trustworthy because it recognizes, accepts, and seeks to gain understanding about what it doesn't know instead of settling on an easy answer that makes a good story for scaring children in the night.

There is no evidence that your Gaud is the source of knowledge or logic. There is no evidence that your Gaud is the source of anything. There is ample evidence to suggest that your Gaud is a fictional character, and the fictional claims regarding him are such that if he did exist, he would be an immoral monster unworthy of worship.

The problem with your whole premise is that I didn't start out with the premise that the Christian Gaud doesn't exist. I started out with the opposite premise. I believed Gaud does exist. Even though I had that presupposition, the evidence against it was such that I could no longer honestly or objectively hold that presupposition and call myself a rational person. I saw the evidence, realized how it added up, and changed my mind. It was exactly like when I stopped believing in Santa Claus, only a little more embarrassing because I'm 28 years old.

You, in all likelihood, are much, much, MUCH older than I am, and yet you still toil under the ignorant delusion of Gaud. You have even less time to enjoy True Reality than I do, and yet you squander it on a religious existence for which there is no reward. Why do you not let us help you? Denounce your Gaud, and accept Reality, so you can be saved from your ignorance and delusion. You've clearly been indoctrinated deeply and forcefully for a long, long time, but I believe in you, and refuse to give up on you. No matter how stubborn and ignorant you are, I won't stop telling you the truth. It's not too late to accept Reality and begin that relationship today.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Redbeard The Pink - September 28, 2015 at 10:30 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1305 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1049 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15002 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3460 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5388 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5818 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5289 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3786 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17626 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7072 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy