Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 8:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(October 1, 2015 at 8:53 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(September 29, 2015 at 3:02 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: If you are in possession of the truth then why would you need to insult me? You should be able to bring you evidence and stand by it without fear or the need to be defensive.

Fear...lol...no, there's no fear, and I'm not being defensive. I'm insulting you because I find your igorance and blatant stupidity a bit irritating.

Quote:So what are the preconditions that allow for knowledge, logic, reason and uniformity?

For those first three, the most basic conditions seem to be that brains must exist, and they must have a way to get information from outside themselves, and that information has to be consistent enough with itself that reasonable, logical conclusions can be drawn from it.

By "uniformity," I think you mean to describe the Universal Constants, and nobody really knows why those never change or why they are the exact numbers they are. You will claim to know, but you don't. You just have a made-up explanation that says your Gaud did it.

Quote:What makes you think I have not been challenged or allowed myself to challenge my own beliefs? What make you think that the way I live in submission to God is the same as your experience with Christianity? Why do you assume that I put my faith in the same place you put yours? You assume I never had a problem with anything I have read in the Bible. The reason why I still believe is because I know God. Since I know Him I allow Him to explain what I am reading.

Have you challenged your view on wither morals are relative? Have you challenged your views on abortion? Have your challenged your views on evolution? Did you fact check the page that you presented to me about failed prophecies? Have you challenged your view on the creation of the universe? Have the challenged your views on how nonliving matter became living matter? Have you challenged your views on wither people can even be unbiased?

I arrived at my current views after a long, long process of challenging my old ones, and I challenge my current beliefs on a daily basis. I am always seeking newer and better information. You, on the other hand, simply rely on your indoctrinated scripts and your super-human ignorance to shield you from the truth. You're not really challenging yourself, you're just confirming your preconceived notions using circular logic and fallacious reasoning.

Quote:You were not a Christian if
You did not receive the revelation from God that He is God
You never gave your life to  Him in order to enjoy Him and glorify Him.
You never knew God or wanted to be like Him and became like Him.
You never had power over you sin nature and you didn't enjoy your sin because of your love for God.
You left the faith and turned your back on God

Fuck you, you ignorant liar.

Oh, and by the way, let me fix that for you:

Quote:You were not a Christian if
You never believed that Jesus is the son of Jehovah, and that he died and was resurrected to save you from sin.

See, what you're doing there is called the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, which is where one takes something that is up to a wide range of interpretation (i.e. "being a True Christian") and then claims that if an example doesn't meet his or her specific definition of that thing, it isn't truly one of those things.

For example, if I said, "No cat eats Fancy Feast," and then my cat turns to me and says, "Fuck you, buddy, I love me some Fancy Feast," and then I respond with "Ah, but no true cat eats fancy feast...WHOAH A TALKING CAT?!" that would be a No True Scotsman fallacy. It only works because my definition of "cat" in that case is completely arbitrary and individual, just like your list of criterion for being a True Christian. Three different Christians will have three different versions of what it means to be a True Christian, while the rest of the world lumps "people who profess belief in Jesus" into the Christian pile and thinks you all sound ridiculous arguing over which ones are True Christians.

If we try applying your logic to anything besides religion, it's easy to see how it comes apart:

If you leave your job as an architect and turn your back on being an architect, you were never a True Architect.

If you leave Pittsburg and turn your back on the Steelers, you were never a True Steelers Fan.

If you stop having Blue as a favorite color and turn your back on it by picking a different favorite, then Blue was never really your favorite in the first place.

If you continue to preach to people on the Internet instead of turning your back and dusting your heels off when we don't listen to you, then you don't follow the teachings of Jesus and therefore aren't a True Christian.

Quote:You make a lot of knowledge claims but what is your evidence that I am much much MUCH older than you? You make bold statements that have no bases in reality I am only 32. No I have not drunk the Kool-aid of our generation.

Shit, you're older than I thought. Did they even have Kool-Aid when you were growing up? Did the dinosaurs go extinct because of poisoned, prehistoric Kool-Aid? What was Moses like?

Joking aside, I was mostly just being mean because I know women are sensitive about their age. My only reason to believe you're that old was the level of closed-mindedness and indoctrination you're displaying. You may not have drunk the Kool-Aid of my generation, but you are practically bathing in whatever they were drinking 2,000 years ago when they wrote this bullshit down.

So you can't account for uniformity. If there is nothing out there that is making things stay in order why do you assume that there will be order?

Being a true Christian isn't like a job or being a fan. If you thought I was something like that then that is further proof that you weren't a Christian. Christianity isn't just holding a set of beliefs it is transformational. It is kind of like being of a certain race. I can't undo my color because it is written on my DNA. I can't undo my faith in God because I am now a new creation. That is why God spoke about being born again. You can try but you don't get to make up your own definition about what being a Christian and what Christianity really is. You can call that indoctrination I would just call it being consistent with the truth.

You were not a Christian if (with scripture references)
You did not receive the revelation from God that He is God (Mt. 16:16-18)
You never gave your life to  Him in order to enjoy Him and glorify Him. ( l Cor. 10:31, Ps 84:2)
You never knew God or wanted to be like Him and became like Him. (2 Cor 3:18)
You never had power over you sin nature and you didn't enjoy your sin because of your love for God. (Romans 6:11-13)
You left the faith and turned your back on God (1 john 2:19 John 10:28)

I don't mind being bathed in the blood of Christ because it is the only way I will be able to stand before a holy God and be called righteous. The Kool-aid of our generation kills.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - October 1, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1305 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1049 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15002 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3461 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5388 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5819 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5293 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3788 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17627 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7073 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy