Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 1:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(October 3, 2015 at 4:28 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(October 3, 2015 at 12:52 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: You don't know why there is uniformity so all that you base upon uniformity is founded in your assumptions. You walk around as if thing will be the same without certainty of the fact.

I have already explained why it's perfectly reasonable (based on evidence) to be certain to the greatest possible degree that the laws of physics have always remained and will always remain constant, since the beginning of time and until the end of time. Nothing has to be assumed in order to reach this conclusion; the evidence speaks for itself.

Quote:I know why there is uniformity but you will not even consider that or challenge your belief in that. Roman 1:19-20 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Blah blah woo woo word salad word salad bullshit. You keep throwing this word "uniformity" around as if you have no idea what you really mean by it, and then you vomit Bible verses to the tune of "Look around! The birds and the bees and America and trees are evidence that Gaud exists! Yaaaaaay  Clap Clap "

Your argument, at its heart, is an argument from ignorance. You dig and you dig and you dig until you finally get someone to admit, "Yeah, I mean I guess we don't know some stuff," and then you shout,

"That's because GAAAUUUUD did it!"

So every time we don't know something, you're gonna claim that's where Gaud is? That's what he's doing? Are you sure that's how you want to play this game? Because if it is, history is filled with things (weather, for instance) that used to supposedly be explained by Gaud or gods, and then when we got around to really looking at them we discovered that there was no Gaud necessary for the phenomenon, nor was there any to be found.

If that's how you want to play it, then Gaud is an ever-shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance that loses power and meaning every time we learn something new. You're just playing the "God of the Gaps" card, which is a fallacious argument borne of ignorance and incredulity, steeped in emotional mumbo jumbo and deeply indoctrinated word salad.

Quote:Why are you subjecting God to your morals. Since He has a different sent of morals who are you to judge Him?

Since the first part of that is apparently an oddly worded statement and not a question, I shall neglect to answer it. As to your actual question (you know, the one with the question mark after it), I judge Gaud by his alleged actions, which both during and beyond Bible times are pretty reprehensible.

If the Bible really were true, it would mean that the Creator Gaud of the Universe is personally responsible for every scrap of suffering and death in the entire Universe, starting with the shitloads and shitloads and shitloads of men, women, children, animals, and even plants that he kills throughout the Bible itself. The being you worship is a blood-thirsty, war-mongering monster that supposedly burns most people in Hell forever over a test of belief and not morality (a test from which he systematically hides so we have to go on an ancient system of mythology and the word of people who already believe in him), and yet he is said to be the source of all goodness and morality in the Universe. That is the most self-defeating description of anything I've ever heard. A being cannot be all-good, all-loving, all-knowing, and all-powerful and also meet the description of the Gaud presented in the Bible. The two concepts are mutually exclusive, and it would be paradoxical for them to be qualities of the same being. The Gaud of the Bible is a blundering, immoral mess filled with hate and rage.

Quote:He said he was God when I first met Him and that he was beyond time and that he didn't have a mother or a father I learned this while on a bus ride.

He told you...that he is eternal...and that he has no parents. That's what Gaud told you. Ok. So, then, the Bible was the first religious story you tripped over after that, and you discovered that the being described there was supposed to be eternal and have no parents, and you took that to mean that the being from this book somehow revealed himself to you. Obviously, that's what happened.

Here's the problem with that: if you had bumped into another story about a god with those same two characteristics (say, because you lived in a different part of the world or because you decided not to start with the Bible), then you would have converted to that religion instead on the exact same standard of evidence. The number of gods, by the way, with those two qualities probably numbers in the THOUSANDS. Virtually every one of man's gods is immortal and/or eternal and/or dying-and-rising, and plenty of them are said to have no origin to speak of, or no mother or father, as you put it. You just happened to trip over the Bible first, so that's what you went with, and evidently the damage is irreversible.

With all your talking you still can account for uniformity.

Also having subjective morals means that there are no absolute right and wrongs and your opinion on what God does are just your opinons but have no real foundation. Also God allows but does not cause evil. Still He will judge evil and has the right to since by Him you are only able to have a true foundation of right and wrong.

You can make up stories about what my life would have been had I meet come aginst some other religion but God is soverign and led me into truth. No matter what it is by the grace of God that I know who he is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - October 4, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1304 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1048 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14988 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3457 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5387 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5815 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5285 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3784 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17620 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7071 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy