Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 4:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(October 4, 2015 at 2:02 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: With all your talking you still can account for uniformity.

Yes. I can, and I just did (again), and thank you for finally admitting it.

Quote:Also having subjective morals means that there are no absolute right and wrongs and your opinion on what God does are just your opinons but have no real foundation. Also God allows but does not cause evil. Still He will judge evil and has the right to since by Him you are only able to have a true foundation of right and wrong.

If Gaud is personally and solely responsible for creating a system like the Universe, then he is personally and solely responsible for everything that happens within that Universe as well as all possibilities that exist within it. All the good, all the bad, all the joy, all the suffering, it's ALL on him. If evil was introduced to the system by something other than Gaud, the thing that introduced evil was still introduced into the system by Gaud. If he really were the causeless cause, then everything would trace back to being his fault. Everything. This is an inescapable truth of your premise, and it is the reason Gaud cannot be the Creator of our Universe and also all-good, all-loving, and all-powerful because he deliberately created a system with full prior knowledge of how badly it would go for its occupants, and he still created the system anyway for purely selfish reasons. Jehovah is a monster worse than 1,000 boogey men, and I used to hunt boogey men. Those fuckers are nasty.

Quote:You can make up stories about what my life would have been had I meet come aginst some other religion but God is soverign and led me into truth. No matter what it is by the grace of God that I know who he is.

"Oh, but that didn't happen, so it couldn't have happened."

Yeah, it could have. If you had been born in a Muslim country and had the same experience, the next book you stuck your nose in would have been the Quran, and you would have converted to Islam (if by some strange twist you hadn't already by whatever age you were when this happened to you). Allah is said to have the exact two qualities you mentioned. You probably would have been safe from Mormonism, but the Jehovah's witnesses could have snatched you up just as easily. There are plenty of variants of your Gaud, and there are plenty of other gods said to have similar qualities. Even though the stories and characters are all different, nobody's religion is truly unique.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Redbeard The Pink - October 4, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1305 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1049 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15002 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3460 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5388 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5818 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5289 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3788 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17626 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7073 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy