Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 10:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
Quote:Jokes aside, that's a complicated question, especially since the word "order" is another one of those that means something different depending on what you're actually talking about. In short, order exists because the materials and energies in the Universe exert consistent forces on each other, causing them over time to form increasingly organized systems once they enter each other's field of influence.

why do they innately have these forces?

Quote:Justice doesn't require anything. God invented justice, so whatever justice requires is required by justice because God said so.

The thing you don't seem to be understanding is that a perfect, omnipotent, omniscient being would be capable of creating a world where free will is possible but evil is not. If justice requires punishment for sin, it's because Gaud defined justice and sin and himself requires sin to be punished to meet his standard for justice. If he HAS to have the evil and HAS to punish it because justice is some nebulous idea that he can't change and to which he is beholden, then HE IS NOT ALL-POWERFUL.

Simply put: if your Gaud is all-powerful and created everything, then he is personally responsible for ALL evil, and he is personally responsible for the strict requirements of "justice." If he is not personally responsible for ALL evil and has no say in what justice requires, then he is NOT all-powerful.

Yes we know what justice is because it is in God's nature. Again like I said He doesn't make us sin but He does take responsibility for us.  He has made a way for us to obey Him. Hell is not the only option we can actually enjoy God. You act as if He is going to make you disobey Him. You choose your own way He doesn't make you disobey Him. He actually went to great lengths in order for you to be free from your sins and enjoy Him.

Quote:All tools except for materially and empirically proving his own existence, right?

No, there is ample evidence in all creation. Your unwillingness to accept that is your choice

Quote:Ok, murder yes, but eating shellfish? Wearing mixed-cloth garments? Men dressing in women's clothes? These things aren't inherently harmful to anyone, so why is Gaud so offended by them?

There are always purposes for God's rules and you can read them in the context of the book it was written and the people it was written to to understand them. Or you can take it out of context to support your presuppositions.

Quote:I don't see the world as broken, and I don't see things in terms of what "should be." Everything just is. There is no goal or intent behind the Universe, so it can't be "broken." Whatever happens happens, for better or worse.

If the worlds isn't broken there is nothing wrong with God's actions. My beliefs are not wrong and there is no better or worst.

Quote:Yeah, pretty much. I generally don't do things to others if I wouldn't want them done to me. Pretty simple.

You should have more respect for yourself. From the way I have seen you behave on this forum God treats you immensely better. He laid down His life for you.

Quote:You were 5. You were prone to believe anything, and you are probably unaware of the ways in which you'd already been introduced to the Gaud concept by that age. Of course the Bible didn't sound strange to you. Santa Claus wouldn't sound strange to you either if nobody had challenged your belief in him until you were an adult.

Conjecture and I never believed in Santa Clause, the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - October 9, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1306 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1049 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15003 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3461 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5389 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5819 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5294 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3788 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17627 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7073 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy