Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 6:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(March 31, 2016 at 12:05 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(March 30, 2016 at 4:51 pm)Rekeisha Wrote: Everyone deserves to burn in hell forever.

Nobody deserves to burn in Hell, especially at the beck of a cosmic despot who created them knowing in advance what would happen. If you think so, you love no one, and if your Gaud thinks so, he doesn't love anyone, either.

Quote:You have yet to explain what reality is but you say you believe in it.

Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than how they might seem or be imagined. Following from that, truth is that which  comports with reality.

Quote:God is reality because there is no lie in Him. He is the truth from Him come everything and you can't even understand anything without him. You can't even understand the bible without him. I don't doubt that you were sincere about your religion and your faith, but you didn't have faith in God because once you are with God it is impossible to leave.

Bullshit. I had faith in the same god you do. Now I don't because I've realized there's no reason to believe anything on faith, and there's no other reason to believe in any gods. You can claim the contrary all you want, but I know better, and so do most of the people here, and that's why you sound like such an ignorant twat when you continue to brazenly insist that our faith wasn't real or that it wasn't really faith in god. Yes, it was, to the same extent that yours is. Your Bible, your pastor, and your flapping mouth can insist otherwise all they want; they're just wrong.

You have created a false god to deem evil. You don't even understand what evil is and have a skewed view of the world and how evil people. I say this because your statement is naive there are people out there doing evil every day and you are blind to the evil inside your own heart.  You have too high of a view of people and too low of a view of God. 

Thank you for you definition of reality. 

If you had faith in the same God that I do then you would still have faith in Him because He isn't the kind of God that will lose His people. That is why I know it is impossible for you to have had the same faith as I do. You keep explaining your idea of God, and it shows me that you never believed in God. No one who knows Him like I do would ever call Him evil. If you believe like I do you would enjoy Him and find comfort in His word. It would be enjoyable to be in His presence and you would be happy for the day you die because you would be with Him. You would pray to know Him more and you would not want to do anything that would hurt Him because you loved Him. Your would seek to spend your life for Him not out of duty but because He is worth it. You would see people walking down the street wish that they would understand the beauty of God. You would enjoy being able to speak about His goodness and enjoy the presence of God when He gives you the power to do so.  So if you believed like I do you would still believe and be growing in faith and joy. You would long to stare at God and see how beautiful He is and be amazed at His faithfulness. You don't though so it isn't the same. You talk about christianity like it was a job to you and a list of dos and don'ts. You hate the very thought of God and that I would talk to you about Him. You keep giving me your resume of christian works as if that proves something about you faith in God.  You speak more about what you achieved in christianity than your love for God. It isn't the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - April 2, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1305 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1048 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14991 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3458 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5388 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5815 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5288 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3784 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17620 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7071 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy