Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
(June 24, 2015 at 10:37 am)Rekeisha Wrote:
(June 23, 2015 at 10:56 am)Chad32 Wrote: As soon as someone starts barking that anyone who doesn't wear a certain style of clothes at all times deserves to die, I'll start speaking out against them.

Yes you are sentenced to die. Anyone who doesn't worship Jesus goes to hell. That means everyone goes to hell by default, and you have to make some effort to ensure you don't. Or be (un)lucky enough to be born of parents who are already christian. Entire countries worth of people are going to hell, simply because of the culture they grew up in.

Like reading page after page, instead of looking up particular verses? A pretty good while. Are you trying to say death was not the most common punishment for things Yahweh didn't like?

The Jews in had to wear a star to mark them in Germany, people in gang will kill people who wear the wrong color. People will kill each other because the are the wrong race. People will kill if they are the wrong sex. People will kill their own babies if they are inconvenient to them. See it isn't about the book but it is about the state of a man/woman's heart. A wicked man will use the bible which is the word of God, holy and true, to destroy someone else if they could.

I am not surprised that you found a lot of death in the scriptures because it speaks judgment against sinful people. It is a warning against living a life against God. So since you say you gladly oppose God then you would most definitely find that you are condemned according to the scriptures.  Still that is not the entirety of the Bible but you will not see that unless you humble yourself.

I asked if you read it to see if you were just going by what others say about the Bible or if you actually read or studied it yourself.

And those kind of killings wouldn't be considered bad from a biblical perspective in certain circumstances. I'm against all of it, but not because I read it was wrong in a book.

I'm not going to humble myself before a book written by people who claim to worship a genocidal narcissist. Truth, justice, and goodness should not require you to get on your knees before you begin to understand it. You think I need to reach the conclusion that this book is good before I start seeing the goodness in it, but that's not how things work.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Chad32 - June 24, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1304 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1048 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14988 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3457 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5387 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5815 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5285 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3783 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17620 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7071 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy