Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 10:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
Since nothing in this universe has the power to produce anything without some kind of substance that shows that the first causer was not in the universe.

Basic rules of survival and morals are not not the same. Not having clean available water does not make you evil polluting water or diverting water from those in need that is morally wrong.

How do mutations or changes in DNA give us basic morals, survival skills and make us social?

You do not safely claim there is not God and because the evidence isn't to your liking doesn't make it disappear. Plus, guessing has never required knowing anything.

I have a responsibility to tell you that even though you hate Him He loves you. So He willingly died for your sins but you must repent and accept Him as Lord and Savior. This way you will be given an knew heart and mind as well as the Holy Spirit to help you live as you should. If you do not then you will not receive mercy but just and clear cut judgment for the sins you committed great and small. Seen and unseen. No government or societal rules/ideas can trump the command by God. He is the supreme ruler.

Do you even know the history of how the bible came together and has been sustained? God can take care of His word and l like I have stated before the only reason I believe the bible is because I believe God. I meet God before I could even read even though there was little to none of bible reading or church attending in my family.

God said that murder was wrong not killing and God owns everything and everyone. He unlike us is the originator of all knowledge, understanding and wisdom. He lives outside of time and knows when things need to be removed or planted for the betterment of human kind. He is also merciful enough to allow people to have knowledge of Him even if they reject it.

Also like I have stated before you know there is a moral law because we all know that there is a way that life should be lived and even though we go about it in different ways does not change the fact that we know this. The need for everyone to eat and drink is absolute but we do it in different ways. Some ways kill us and some benefit us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - July 2, 2015 at 11:00 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1306 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1049 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 15004 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3461 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5389 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5819 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5294 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3788 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17627 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7073 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy