Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 11:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work
Quote:According to what? How do you know that? What evidence is there that god is the source for these things?

I have a few 1) my relationship with Him. 2) When I was too young to read He told me about Himself and everything He said to me is in the Bible  3) the fact that no one has ever observed coherent consciousness thought come from any non-consciousness thing.

Quote:Order can arise from disorder because the particles in the universe aren't just whizzing around randomly waiting to bounce into each other. They're attracted to each other by forces like electricity, magnetism, and gravity, and these forces draw particles of matter together until systems of varying complexity come into being. There is no evidence to suggest that a conscious being is needed to start or maintain anything of these processes, or anything else we've discovered in the universe, for that ma

What I have read form this statement is that there really isn't disorder in the universe. So how did this order come about in light of your world view?

Quote:In the objective sense, yes. Right and wrong are not created by absolute rules of the universe. Only reality seems to be created by the absolute rules of the universe, and the objective reality is that humans have evolved to be social, cooperative creatures to one degree or another, and the evidence suggests that the more we tend toward those traits and away from traits like violence and bigotry, the more successful, happy, and healthy we tend to be as a species. Morality arises both from the knowledge of suffering and the evolved human trait of empathy, which allows us to think about things from another being's perspective.

So you say the universe didn't create right and wrong only reality so by your statement there is no right and wrong because it isn't apart of reality. Does that also mean there isn't any logic, reason or knowledge? Or when did the universe in your world view create these.
How did these rules of the universe come about?

Quote:God is not morally pure. He is morally hypocritical. He demands one standard of behavior from his subjects while doing the exact opposite himself. Furthermore, he routinely commits and/or encourages genocide, rape, infanticide, murder...the list goes on. He makes exceptions to his own rules, he fucks with free will constantly, and he repeatedly acts with rage, jealousy, and vengeance toward the things he created, yet forbids us to do those things to each other (because vengeance "belongs" to him or some such bullshit...just the christian version of Karma).

You have already stated before that right and wrong are not apart of reality in your world view so you have no bases on which to make this statement. In your world view you are being arbitrary by judging God on what you claim is hypocrisy. As a mater of fact you can't judge anyone on anything because your judgment is just from you imagination because it is not a part of what you say is reality.

Your world view can't account for any right or wrong because you have suppressed the truth about God and his Holiness. Yet, since He is loving, He sent His son into the world to die for your sin so that you could be made whole and come into a relationship with Him. A true relationship with God is a life of transformation into the likeness of God where you will be purified. A life of peace and strength comes from God because, with accepting Christ as your lord and savior, you will receive the Holy spirit to help guide you into all truth. You will also have the power to over come your sins. I have seen it in my life and in the lives of others.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work - by Rekeisha - July 15, 2015 at 11:24 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 21st Century Ontological Argument: does it work. JJoseph 23 1305 January 9, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1049 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14997 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3460 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why is Jesus Circumcised and not the rest of the christians ? Megabullshit 23 5388 February 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5816 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5289 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3786 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17621 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7071 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy