Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 12:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher
RE: What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher
(August 21, 2015 at 12:48 am)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: Not at all. Many here have told you they abhor child rapists wherever they occur but that what makes it extra specially bad when a priest does it is that he's presented to the world as a paragon of morality and then protected by the same church [emphasis added] that projects that moral authority.

(August 21, 2015 at 1:32 am)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: Defending the organization [emphasis added] that protects them.

Quote:Your straw man here is fucking ridiculous. I've never considered every single cathy-lick guilty by association nor have I made that accusation, even by implication. Only the ones perpetuating the crimes and the cover-ups and the cover-ups have gone all the way to the top under some of the popes.

Specifics, please. What crimes and what popes are you referring to?

Quote:Seriously Randy. Your turn. Show me the post where I accused every single cathy-lick in the world of collusion or drop your straw-man.

I have highlighted two places above where you refer to "the...church" and "the organization".

Who is the "Church", SoW? Who is "the organization"?

The pope, bishops and priests? [Image: no.gif] That's incorrect. The Church is the people of God. All of us Christians and, in this context, ALL of us Catholics. Not just the leaders. So when you accuse the church or the organization, you accuse everyone who is a member of protecting, aiding and abetting.

Maybe you did this in error, but if you have an issue with individuals in the Church, say so. And if you have an issue with individual members of the hierarchy of the Church, fine, say that. In the passages above, you named ALL Catholics when you named "the Church".

Messages In This Thread
Metziztzah B'Peh - by Jenny A - August 21, 2015 at 3:36 pm
RE: What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher - by Randy Carson - August 21, 2015 at 2:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 817 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Palm Sunday Traditions Dundee 22 1869 April 17, 2020 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7481 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The most awkward conversation ever Cod 76 5298 April 3, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4471 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Damned STUPID Priest yesterday . . . drfuzzy 102 7687 December 6, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 929 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pennsylvannia Pedo Priest HORROR vorlon13 124 6573 August 19, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4875 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian Rhondazvous 37 4298 February 14, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd