Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 9:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most awkward conversation ever
The most awkward conversation ever
Mary: "Joseph come in for a minute we need to talk."
Joseph: "Oh what now? I'm doing carpentry and shit."
Mary: "It's important please come in, I dont wan't that nosey cow from next door to hear."
Nosey cow: "I heard that."
Joseph: "okay what is so important?"
Mary: "I'm pregnant."
Joseph: "You're fucking what?"
Mary: "Pregnant."
Joseph: "I knew it, you've been seeing that basket weaver again have'nt you."
Mary: "No it was God who has inpregnated me with his holy seed."
Joseph: "I've heard some bullshit in my time, but that takes the biscuit."
Mary: "You must accept this, just think, one day our son will be the most famous man on the planet."
Joseph: "What's a planet?"
Mary: "Don't worry about that, we need to choose a name."
Joseph: "You just expect me to act as though the child is mine? And to help you think of a name? Jesus Christ woman."
Mary:"Mmmm Jesus Christ, I like it."
RE: The most awkward conversation ever
I flew from JFK to Leonardo da Vinci when coming back from leave, c. 1974. The guy in the next seat was a Jesuit who told me he was going to the Vatican to be fired. ("defrocked" still makes me giggle.) The birth of Jesus was something he couldn't buy into, even after two decades of Jesuit training. I told him I'd never been religious, something that seemed to fascinate him. We chatted for a few thousand miles and I apparently missed the non-verbal clues from the lady in the window seat. When we landed and got up to debark she said "You're both going to Hell."
(March 12, 2019 at 8:02 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I flew from JFK to Leonardo da Vinci when coming back from leave, c. 1974. The guy in the next seat was a Jesuit who told me he was going to the Vatican to be fired. ("defrocked" still makes me giggle.) The birth of Jesus was something he couldn't buy into, even after two decades of Jesuit training. I told him I'd never been religious, something that seemed to fascinate him. We chatted for a few thousand miles and I apparently missed the non-verbal clues from the lady in the window seat. When we landed and got up to debark she said "You're both going to Hell."

"With people like you in heaven, hell must be paradise!"
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 12, 2019 at 8:14 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 12, 2019 at 8:02 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I flew from JFK to Leonardo da Vinci when coming back from leave, c. 1974. The guy in the next seat was a Jesuit who told me he was going to the Vatican to be fired. ("defrocked" still makes me giggle.) The birth of Jesus was something he couldn't buy into, even after two decades of Jesuit training. I told him I'd never been religious, something that seemed to fascinate him. We chatted for a few thousand miles and I apparently missed the non-verbal clues from the lady in the window seat. When we landed and got up to debark she said "You're both going to Hell."

"With people like you in heaven, hell must be paradise!"

My response was "Save me a place by the fire."
(March 12, 2019 at 9:36 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 12, 2019 at 8:14 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: "With people like you in heaven, hell must be paradise!"

My response was "Save me a place by the fire."

'We want Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company.' - Twain

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"All my friends are in Hell, all my relatives are in Heaven."
(March 12, 2019 at 7:49 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Mary: "Joseph come in for a minute we need to talk."
Joseph: "Oh what now? I'm doing carpentry and shit."
Mary: "It's important please come in, I dont wan't that nosey cow from next door to hear."
Nosey cow: "I heard that."
Joseph: "okay what is so important?"
Mary: "I'm pregnant."
Joseph: "You're fucking what?"
Mary: "Pregnant."
Joseph: "I knew it, you've been seeing that basket weaver again have'nt you."
Mary: "No it was God who has inpregnated me with his holy seed."
Joseph: "I've heard some bullshit in my time, but that takes the biscuit."
Mary: "You must accept this, just think, one day our son will be the most famous man on the planet."
Joseph: "What's a planet?"
Mary: "Don't worry about that, we need to choose a name."
Joseph: "You just expect me to act as though the child is mine? And to help you think of a name? Jesus Christ woman."
Mary:"Mmmm Jesus Christ, I like it."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Yeah, seems to be a fine line between devout believer and idiot. Certainly the case with our little band of Christians here  Cool

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I really have  had respect for only one of the disciples  "Doubting Thomas" . Although, I also think Judas was a pretty pragmatic guy.

Jesus: G'day Thomo, It's Jesus, I've risen from the dead. (Jesus was Australian)

Thomas: Shut the front door!

Jesus: Fair dinkum..

Thomas: Bullshit! (sotte voce) Wanker.

Jesus: No, really Thomo, it's me.

Thomas: OK prove it!

Jesus : Thomo ,when did you become such a fucking skeptic? (wearily) Ok then, bung your hand in the wound in my side.

Thomas: Gross! Just show me. (Thomas looks) Wow!  Welcome back mate.

Make a great South Park episode..

A somewhat sanitised biblical account can be found in John 20 :24-31

Always thought the bit about believing  without seeing was more than a little self serving. IE  Encouraging  people to be naive, gullible and stupid
So... it never crossed your mind that no one back then would have checked out her story?
(March 13, 2019 at 2:52 pm)Drich Wrote: So... it never crossed your mind that no one back then would have checked out her story?

How exactly would they have done that? 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 13, 2019 at 2:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 13, 2019 at 2:52 pm)Drich Wrote: So... it never crossed your mind that no one back then would have checked out her story?

How exactly would they have done that? 

Boru

hymen check sport.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymen

There's even a well detail drawing there for ya big guy, have at it!

(just in case)
The hymen is lost/broken during intercourse. If the girl is prego and has an intact hymen that means she is technically still a virgin who is set to give birth.

So is this young lady is showing and claims she is a virgin then I suspect the same group of old nags at the church who inspect suspect women (virgin wives collect larger dowelerys while a loose woman may not have one at all) who claim to be pure are so and not just 'pure at heart.'

good question by the way!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian Rhondazvous 37 4195 February 14, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 29163 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The most logical thought ever dyresand 27 6362 May 16, 2015 at 9:50 am
Last Post: dyresand
  The most insane defense of faith healing ever Esquilax 38 6572 February 27, 2015 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Spooky
  The most disgusting christian content you will ever see. Zidneya 38 13990 October 2, 2014 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Early Christian motives (a conversation with Paul) Mudhammam 0 1266 July 23, 2014 at 6:22 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
Wink 40 awkward Questions To Ask A Christian Big Blue Sky 76 35333 July 27, 2013 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  What do you think about this conversation ? viocjit 16 3395 May 7, 2013 at 2:25 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  What's the funniest or most ridiculous bible quote you have ever heard or read? icantstandfundies 30 13399 May 20, 2012 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused