Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher
RE: What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher
(August 22, 2015 at 4:35 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(August 22, 2015 at 4:20 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't hate all Catholics, asshole. My son's mother was Catholic when we met as was another long-term lover of mine.

I detest apologists for child-rapists.

Yes, that means you.

And no, you still haven't answered my points. They're in my above posts. Go reread them, this time for comprehension rather than argumentation.

Parkers, have I EVER said the priests guilty of these crimes should be sent to jail? How many times?

But you wrote:

Quote:I hate enablers, like your Church. Apologists like you deserve your share of contempt for continuing to support an organization which resists efforts by law enforcement to bring these priests to justice.

You help protect these priests with your donations, and you've earnt my contempt for that.

The Catholic Church is made up of all of its members, Parkers. So, when you "hate enablers, like your Church" you are actually saying that you hate all Catholics because we ARE the Church. And OF COURSE I continue to support my church, Parkers - all 1.2 billion of us continue to support our Church - despite the sins of some individuals within the Church. We are able to make a distinction between individuals who do bad things and the institution itself which is good.

For example, Planned Parenthood is bad because it operates slaughterhouses for the collection and sale of human body parts. That's an institutional evil. On the other hand, someone like Jerry Sandusky, who raped boys in the shower at Penn State, was a bad individual; Penn State as an institution is not guilty of his crimes...even if some at Penn State covered it up. Penn State is bigger than those few individuals.

Can you not make this distinction?

I dunno...based on what you have written, you must hate us all, because we all remain Catholic, and we all continue to donate our time, treasure and talent to the Catholic Church.

Conflating the congregation and the leaders to obfuscate the point yet again. Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest. This has been pointed out to you before Randy. Your true morality is showing, again.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Messages In This Thread
Metziztzah B'Peh - by Jenny A - August 21, 2015 at 3:36 pm
RE: What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher - by Ravenshire - August 22, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 817 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Palm Sunday Traditions Dundee 22 1869 April 17, 2020 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7476 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The most awkward conversation ever Cod 76 5297 April 3, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4468 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Damned STUPID Priest yesterday . . . drfuzzy 102 7686 December 6, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 929 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pennsylvannia Pedo Priest HORROR vorlon13 124 6572 August 19, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4875 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian Rhondazvous 37 4295 February 14, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd