Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 6:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most personally convincing reasons you don't believe.
RE: Most personally convincing reasons you don't believe.
(May 24, 2016 at 6:05 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(May 23, 2016 at 12:09 pm)Drich Wrote: This is what the outpouring of the Holy Spirit is (what we are supposed to be A/S/K-ing for) It is direct contact with God. My proof of God is meaningless outside as an example of what God offers to do for each and every single one of you who will simply "meet Him in the upper room" by Ask, Seek Knocking for the Holy Spirit.

Bit of a random musing, actually; You know what I've never really heard? A theist/apologist teaching that God doesn't answer some folks because he hates them. Or rather, knows they wouldn't make a good fit, so to speak.
I guess your not a close follower of the things I say/teach. I have said on more than one occasion, that God is not omni benevolent as some religious people believe. No where in the bible does it say this. Matter of fact their are people in the bible in whom God is reported to hate. There are parables where Jesus Himself attributes 'non followers' as Weeds, Chaff, Goats, (Basically the undesirables) that will be separated from the desirable and cast out.

Not everyone is meant to Goto Heaven, only those in whom God calls.
Quote:That would be a perfectly "plausible" explanation as to why some people never hear back from Him, next to Him just not being there, of course. 
Read some of the responses I get, or batter yet the ones i don't get. Those who are not call can nor will ever put the effort in to seek Him out.

Again, silence or rather the collapse of your faith (because you were over taken by a trail in your life and never heard from God) is par for the course that Christ Himself lays out in the parable of the wise and foolish builders.
Quote:At least as likely as "not believing right", it would seem. 
Though, I can certainly understand why you all would think that would be no good could come of telling telling some folks that they will never be 'called'. 
I have been doing this for a while. I have seen Many who were never called. Many if not most worship God by another name. It's like they were not meant to even be exposed to the God of the bible so they create a whole theology around themselves and who they want God to be. Many who are never called believe themselves to be 'saved' or the elect.

You can't save someone who is saved. You can not minister to the elect. That is why I am here. You guys (most of you) wanted at one point the truth about God. Only those who are called to God have the chutzpah to stand up and say hey, I prayed to God for proof and this thing I've been calling god did not answer. Those who were never called simply toe the line day in day out and seek ways to manipulate the system to benefit themselves.

Granted many of you also simply want the perceived freedom that comes from abandoning the religious structure associated with your version of God, but if that were only true these long winded discussions would not be taking place.

I'm not saying all of you fall into this category, but far more do than don't. Meaning I Believe most of you have an invitation/been called even if you don't respond.

Quote:If your God already knows who won't make the cut, that would make A/S/King an exercise in futility for some, wouldn't it?
Heh heh...If people have A/S/Ked and received radio silence, may they should just take the hint.
but again, if they know their God to be false who did they A/S/K?

The Key to A/S/K-ing as outline by luke 11 is that we A/S/K for the Holy Spirit. We can't do that if we A/S/K something we have created.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most personally convincing reasons you don't believe. - by Drich - May 24, 2016 at 10:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 24103 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1420 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why you all need others, to believe? LastPoet 24 3863 December 26, 2019 at 10:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2559 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 85253 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7912 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10226 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Don't you just love the hypocrisy of religion. ignoramus 86 22271 July 16, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? PETE_ROSE 455 101623 April 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22479 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic