Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose)
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose)
(August 2, 2016 at 11:57 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(August 2, 2016 at 10:36 am)Crossless1 Wrote: I imagine many of Trump's aides must dread his debating Clinton. As it is, they have full time jobs going on the news shows to 'clarify and explain' what their candidate "really" meant every time something stupid, insulting, obnoxious, shocking, or ignorant oozes out of his mouth or his fucking Twitter account. And that is virtually every news cycle these days.

But Trump sharing a stage with a candidate too intelligent to take the bait, who actually understands policy and process, and who has been facing down the likes of him now for decades? He is completely ill-equipped to debate Clinton, unless by 'debate' we mean nothing more than a name-calling and shit-slinging fest. Somewhere in the dim recesses of his reptilian brain, he must understand that he is utterly overmatched, at least so long as the moderator doesn't let him turn it into a free-for-all, and that Clinton will eat him alive.

I can't wait to see the next Republican post-mortem analysis after they lose a third consecutive general election. Spoiler alert: "We need to stop pandering to bigots, morons, and crazy people -- i.e., our base."

I sometimes wonder just how far Trump would have gotten if all the other GOP hopefuls hadn't been willing to sink to his level during their debates and appearances. If we didn't have them making dick jokes and giving each other pithy nicknames. If, to a man, they'd all kept the level of discourse high- a feat, I'm aware, for some of these theocrat thugs- and stuck to the issues, so that you had just one squawking orange ballbag up on stage instead of, like, fifteen.

Trump got away with running his campaign like he has because all those other idiots gave him cover: he may have been bad, but the problem was that he wasn't substantially different from the other bickering toddlers up for a vote in the primaries. Their willingness to employ the same childish "demonize the enemy," rhetoric against themselves that they do against the democrats played a big part in making a Trump presidency a palatable option, and now here we are.

And it's just him, and Hillary. He's the lone squawking, indolent voice on stage, his lack of ideas standing in stark contrast to an actual politician. Without the cover of the rest of the slavering ideologues... people won't have any choice but to see the real him in the light of the real world, and not the goddamn toddler carnival that the GOP has turned into this election cycle.

Unfortunately, the GOP has been sliding into 'toddler carnival land' my entire voting life. This election is a difference in degree only. I remember all too well how obnoxious and toxic the '88 election (the first I was old enough to vote in) seemed at the time. Surely, I told myself, this represents the nadir of political discourse, and things must get better from this point on.

Oh, naivety, thy name was Crossless1!

Back then, of course, it was all about pandering to the conservative Christians. Now, with the rise of the disaffected Tea Party types, there is actually a chance (a slim chance, to be sure) that the conservative Christians might prove to be the adult Republicans in the room, should enough of them simply stay home on election day rather than cast a vote for an oafish demagogue who is so clearly not one of them. We'll see. The usual Baptist and Evangelical loons in power have given Trump their stamp of approval. I hope the sheep have more sense.

What the hell! I can hope, and I'm open to surprises.

Messages In This Thread
The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by Jenny A - August 1, 2016 at 5:40 pm
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by Alex K - August 2, 2016 at 10:13 am
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by GUBU - August 3, 2016 at 2:04 pm
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by GUBU - August 3, 2016 at 2:28 pm
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by Crossless1 - August 2, 2016 at 12:18 pm
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by Alex K - August 2, 2016 at 11:41 am
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by GUBU - August 3, 2016 at 2:35 pm
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by GUBU - August 4, 2016 at 9:25 am
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by GUBU - August 7, 2016 at 4:58 pm
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by Alex K - August 4, 2016 at 10:02 am
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by GUBU - August 7, 2016 at 4:59 pm
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by A Theist - August 11, 2016 at 11:49 am
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by Rayaan - August 11, 2016 at 1:36 pm
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by rado84 - August 11, 2016 at 2:57 pm
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by rado84 - August 12, 2016 at 3:20 am
RE: The Election is Rigged (I'm Going To Lose) - by Jesster - August 15, 2016 at 12:51 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1066 51829 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 11577 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 809 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5371 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 357 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1110 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1517 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1093 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4612 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5300 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok