Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 12:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump has been officially declared a loser.
RE: Donald Trump has been officially declared a loser.
(August 7, 2016 at 8:46 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Yes, and the naming of a new Hiei honors that action how?

If they had a ship named the Manila, you might have a point.

You're also moving the goalposts in introducing SNLFs.

You seem to think I'm arguing that they either didn't commit atrocities, or aren't engaged in revisionism. I'm not arguing either point. I'm arguing that continuing the decades-long practice of naming their ships after those lost in WWII is not as significant policy-wise as you seem to think. That is all I am arguing.

I think you're reading too much into it. You're clearly wedded to your position, as well, so I regard following this up any further as pointless.

Naming the new Hiei glosses over that action, in much the same way naming a new division after Totenkopf does not explicitly honor the atrocities committed by the division, but insinuate the division deserves honoring because it's atrocity didn't count against it, or deny those atrocities occurred at all, thus dis honoring the memories of its victims.

SNLF is drawn from major warships.  If a contingent from a particular ship committed an atrocity, it taints the name of the ship in the same way.  Thus referring to the SNLF hardly moves the goal post.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump has been officially declared a loser. - by Anomalocaris - August 7, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1846 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Three months ago I would have been dead ... Gawdzilla Sama 21 1280 October 30, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 2139 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2965 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1094 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 8383 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei FlatAssembler 7 754 September 30, 2019 at 4:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Richard Neal (D-MA) is helping Donald Trump ReptilianPeon 0 342 August 11, 2019 at 3:56 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  What is it about Trump that has allowed him to acquire so many ardent followers? GODZILLA 53 4614 June 20, 2019 at 1:31 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36988 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace