Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
(August 9, 2017 at 4:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Theists never want to consider that when you have evidence it doesn't take apology to convince someone, you can literally take your claims into a neutral lab and then also have them independently tested and confirmed.

(August 9, 2017 at 2:37 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote: What does that have to do with anything I said? Being willing NOT to talk about God here makes me a religious fanatic? You and Brian seem to just enjoy saying things without any relevance to what others say. I don't get it.

You think you are our first rodeo? Because if you really think you have some earth shattering argument other Christians or even other theists of other labels haven't tried before, and that we have not run into those tactics before, you are a fool. I was born at night, just not last night.

Min is right though, if you really buy the doomsday end times prophecy you either unwittingly or willingly ignore that you buy a very dangerous narrative. FYI many Muslims can point to their claimed prophecies too and quote the Koran too.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/3...-of-quran/

I don't know about you, but quite frankly I am tired of all three religions of Abraham having far too many fans make claims about what daddy wants and are willing to kill over those claims. I don't think any of you understand to a great enough degree that there are more than just Christians and Muslims and Jews on this planet of 7 billion. 

AND,  what monotheism calls "prophecies" prior polytheism much older than the monotheism of Abraham, had their versions of "predictions" coming from the divine world too. In polytheism they would go through "oracles" or "seers" or "soothsayers". 

All nonsense to me, both in polytheism and monotheism. What does scare me is that their are people still today who believe this crap and have political power.

To say that all claims can literally be taken into a neutral lab and tested is total nonsense. I assume you ascribe to the laws of logic. Both of us would then claim the law of non-contradiction is true. Can that claim be taken into a neutral lab to have it tested by science? Um...no. You claim you have morals without God. Can you take that claim into a neutral lab and have it tested by science? Um...no. Not all things are testable with science. If you think that science answers everything even from an atheistic point of view, I think you are really mistaken. Science cannot test abstract non-material ideas such as the laws of logic and morals.

You ascribe to me as holding to some doomsday end times prophecy.  Where does that come from? Aren't you generalizing now? You rightly criticize Godscreated for doing so with atheists and yet you do the same to Christians.

And, as for me, killing someone who disagrees with the Christian point of view is bad and I would stand next to you to fight against those who would do so.

But all of this aside...as I told Min...I am content to NOT talk about God here. I would rather talk about what you believe, what your presuppositions are, and where they lead. Why throw out what you really believe, instead of always trying to turn it around and discuss what you think about mine?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth - by rjh4 is back - August 9, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 572 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25256 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 812 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 588 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4396 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1503 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3167 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Puzzling thing about Speed of Light/Speed of Causality vulcanlogician 25 2660 August 24, 2018 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7427 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  How Cn Gravity Affect Light When Light Has No Mass? Rhondazvous 18 1884 March 2, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: polymath257