Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which denominations have you spotted on this forum?
RE: Which denominations have you spotted on this forum?
(August 7, 2017 at 11:42 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: CL, Lek, and the fresh out of the oven pabsta are Catholic
Wooters is a Swedenborgian/Catholic Voltron
GC is Southern Baptist (I believe)
Not sure about RR, Steve, or Huggy... Protestant?
Drich is his own thing

Im not my own thing..

I belong to harvest bible chapel.. Not a national movement yet, but it can be found in Chicago area west coast Orlando and east coast.

The driving principle in this church is to study using the bible as the standard and not tradition or church authority. Which does make alot of people mad when they are told their beliefs have no biblical basis. But again I am not the only person nor is harvest bible chapel the only church who attempts to follow scripture first.

(August 9, 2017 at 5:26 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I consider members of all christian denominations christians as well. I dont like it when other Christians say that Catholics aren't Christian.

Here's a simple test.

If Jesus says do ABCD and the pope corrects that teaching and says it was recorded in error do 1234 who instruction would you follow???

Can't claim to be a follow of Christ if the pope or even a lessor authority figure gets the last word. (get to change or corrects the direct teaching of Jesus No matter what the reason given.) Those who follow the pope or any religious figure head or consul over that of the teaching of Christ is of that denominational teach first and then how they relate to Christ second.

Roman catholic follow the teachings and traditions of the R/C church first and then how those teachings relate to Christ.

Now all of that said... I do not believe any of us have the right to call ourselves Christian. That is a title Jesus will award after we are saved from judgement. The only thing we can claim in this life is if we are followers of Christ or followers of the teachings of other men.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which denominations have you spotted on this forum? - by Drich - August 11, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of xtianity is most likely to be correct? FrustratedFool 20 1159 December 8, 2023 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  God's preferred denominations LinuxGal 1 911 November 26, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  which version of christianity is correct? Drich 86 8955 March 30, 2020 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Dundee
  Human Reason and Christian Denominations Bahana 92 15208 April 20, 2018 at 9:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which is the cause, which the effect: religious fundamentalism <=> brain impairment Whateverist 31 5267 March 20, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8200 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Truth in a story which is entirely dependent upon subjective interpretation Astonished 47 6335 January 10, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34456 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Theists i want a quick forum chat with you dyresand 24 6379 July 25, 2015 at 2:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Perfect, Best of Possible, or Better than Nothing: Which criterion? Hatshepsut 35 6645 May 19, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue