Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ?
RE: Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ?
(November 7, 2017 at 5:05 pm)SteveII Wrote: The evidence that I believe that supports my belief (another opinion) is below:

1. Person of Jesus is compelling.

The fact that Jesus probably existed as a historical person, lends zero evidence for any supernatural claim about him.

After all, Muhammad existed. But I am sure you would not accept the claims that he talked to angels in a cave, or flew to heaven on a winged horse.

Quote:2. The NT describes actual events including the miracles, life, death and resurrection of Jesus.

Just because the NT describes some historical events and people, does not mean it is accurate on any supernatural claims.

Again, the Koran describes real events and people. But I am sure you have no problems dismissing the supernatural claims.

Quote:3. God works in people's lives today--changing people on the inside as well as the occurrence of miracles.

How do you know that these events are a result of god?

I have a good friend that was addicted to drugs, living on the street, perpetrating petty crimes. He walked into a Hindu temple in Los Angeles one day, and claims to have communicated with a Hindu god. He quit drugs that day, and now owns a successful small business and has a great family. Was his experience an example of a Hindu god working in his life?

Quote:4. The natural theology arguments:
a. God is the best explanation why anything at all exists.
b. God is the best explanation of the origin of the universe.
c. God is the best explanation of the fine-tuning of the universe for intelligent life.
d. God is the best explanation of intentional states of consciousness.
e. God is the best explanation of objective moral values and duties.

These have natural explanations. Those that don't, are currently unknown.

Making up answers, or using anwers others made up millenia ago, explains nothing.

Seems you are guilty of argument from ignorance here, or argument from personal incredulity. Either way, just because they may not be known at this time, lends zero credence for your claim that god exists.

Quote:Since you cannot 'prove' that any of these are falsely held beliefs, my conclusion (opinion) that God exists is rationale. The amount of evidence meets my personal threshold for proof that God exists.

Your personal threshold for proof, is set too low. You are playing basketball with an 8' rim, then bragging how great of a dunker you are.

None of the same type of 'evidence' you list above, would convince you that any other religion is true. You are guilty of special pleading.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? - by Simon Moon - November 7, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 569 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 544 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3148 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13209 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1503 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19251 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1667 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christian family fined after arguing taxes 'against God's will' zebo-the-fat 19 2116 July 23, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5879 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8507 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda