Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ?
RE: Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ?
(November 7, 2017 at 6:36 pm)Godscreated Wrote: You are blaming God for something He has not done. The responsibility for feeding the hungry belongs to man, we are the ones who have cause such disasters. We spend billions every year on space science that will not make a difference to mankind ever, all that money could be used to help the starving and thirsty. Our first responsibility is to our fellow man, not science. We have long ago learned how to produce enough food to feed the world, yet we do not do it nor do we spend the money to distribute what foods we do produce to the worlds starving children. Stop blaming God for what is our responsibility to our own kind. We do not care about our fellow man or these situations would no be. When I say we I'm referring to mankind in general. The Christian church as a whole does more to feed the starving, bring medicine to the sick and help dig wells for those in need of good water. God is at work for these people through His people, because most the rest of the world has turned their backs on these people, out of sight out of mind. Now I'm not saying there are no secular people doing good work for these people, they are just few compared to the Christians.

Physical help in disasters, you wouldn't believe the number of atheist here who say that Christians can just keep their help if they want to also speak about God and the comfort for the heart He can bring. Seems to me if we do all that work we have a right to present the God who lead us to their needs, we give the money to purchase what they may need, we work many many hours gathering and preparing to help all peoples, yet there are hard heads who thinks it's wrong for us to show God to them through our work and speech. all those kinda' people should just refuse to take the help from the hard working and caring Christians and forge out on their own, they do not deserve the hospitality of those who have come to help. A great man in my life who worked to bring food and medicine to the people of Haiti told me we must first feed them and give them medicine to help heal their physical bodies and then give them the spiritual word that can change their lives. This is the help I was referring too.

GC

I thought i would reply to this separately as this seems to be a genuine concern of yours and the one i relate to more closely.

I would agree that as humans we ought to work together to stop people starving and suffering, and as someone who does some charity work do agree with you on some points.

While it is true that there are many Christian charities out in countries helping, they mainly get their funding from the general public, rather than directly from other Christians from Christian Aid, down to such things as foodbanks which in my home city their are many, but again the bulk of the food comes via collections from the general public not from churches, though of course some of those could be Christians or Muslims also. The point being that humans should work together regardless of race, religion or creed.

For instance the Foodbank i help out has about 15 helpers on the days it is open, only three of those are from the local church 5 are atheists/agnostic a Muslim, a Wiccan, and the rest haven't defined what they believe, but they all strive to one goal.

Many of the best known charities or organisations are secular in nature and are world leaders, for instance.

Medecins Sans Frontieres
Amnesty International
UNICEF
OXFAM
WaterAid

I think you are exaggerating when you say Christians spend billions and then paint a picture of many turning them down simply because, frankly if my kids were starving I simply wouldn't care, and i doubt many on here would if they were really faced with starvation. have you any real statistics to show me ?
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? - by possibletarian - November 8, 2017 at 12:12 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 569 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 544 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3151 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13225 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1505 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19282 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1667 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christian family fined after arguing taxes 'against God's will' zebo-the-fat 19 2116 July 23, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5885 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8508 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda