Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 2:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
(November 19, 2017 at 10:55 am)Greatest I am Wrote: Why?

Do you not recognize that that archetypal Jesus wants to free your mind from both religious and political dogma and make you a free thinking person?

What is wrong with that character trait?

Is the outcome sought of free thinking not what you would want to give your children?

Regards
DL

The "archetypal jesus" is an invention of your own mind, not the character of scripture.  I think it;s amusing that you've somehow transformed jesusism, in your mind, to free thinking.  While that fiction may be, in your re-imagining, some sort of bodhisattva, the jesus of scripture asks questions like- 

"Do bitches even deserve miracles?"

You could have told me you follow the god Bob, who's a super swell dude, and it would've been just that much more coherent.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? - by The Grand Nudger - November 19, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 12009 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 656 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1257 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11431 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5539 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2573 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8571 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Christians and Their Homework! chimp3 78 9274 March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2297 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10282 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished